Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New commemorative shirt - £50!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I like it, but not sure I can afford to part with £50. Blimey.
003.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Personally, I hate it. /the blue is too light, there's too much white, we look like Huddersfield Town and personally, I think the club are taking the michael a tad.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
The badge is in the wrong place, the sleeves look rubbish, I don't mind collars but that looks poor too on this kit. Bit disappointed if this is the template for this season's kit.

Might change my mind when I see it for real, but that's more hope than anything else.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Other clubs are now charging £50 for their standard shirts, I fear it may be the sign of things to come. Replica shirts in Europe are already often e70 or e80. Hope they know what they are doing, because it is a good bit of business for football clubs, be foolish to blow it by overcharging across the board.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Personally, I hate it. /the blue is too light, there's too much white, we look like Huddersfield Town and personally, I think the club are taking the michael a tad.

I don't like it because of the shade of blue. It is to light and garish. Last Seasons darker blue, is the blue of the 70's.

Design is OK but we are not F**King coventry

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Other clubs are now charging £50 for their standard shirts, I fear it may be the sign of things to come. Replica shirts in Europe are already often e70 or e80. Hope they know what they are doing, because it is a good bit of business for football clubs, be foolish to blow it by overcharging across the board.

Indeed. When we was in Sweden (and I know that generally its an expensive country anyway) but one of NSC finest bought a Gothenburg shirt and it worked out at £60!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I suspect the 'normal' shirt will be around the £40 mark. I have decided to be sensible and not buy this shirt, instead I am going to put the money I would have spent on the shirt into my savings. The sacrifices we make to save for a morgage deposit, eh!?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Indeed. When we was in Sweden (and I know that generally its an expensive country anyway) but one of NSC finest bought a Gothenburg shirt and it worked out at £60!

In Cyprus recently, they were priced between e70 - e80 for league and international shirts. In Prague a couple of weeks back the exchange rate made the shirts around £60 - £70, that was for local teams, as well as your usual Man U, Barca, Celtic etc.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not one for buying replica shirts, but that is easily the best design we've had for YEARS.

EDIT: With the proviso that there are stripes on the back as well and not the plain(ish) panel.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
£40 is too much as it is but £50 is taking the piss. The box is taking the piss even more. As if the box could justify the price.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This. Possibly since the 1970s.

Mind you, by the time all the rest of the guff has gone on the shirt, it's going to look just as mad as most.

I disagree, I actually think last years shirt was our best. Personal opinion though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here