Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
My point is that you always rebuked any criticism of the old regime but now criticize what the club is doing, ie. trying to get rid of a manager they feel has acted badly enough to terminate his employment and trying to save £2.5m in the process. You have nothing but an individual assessment of what is really going on based on a few PR statements and one of those from a Union of all places, and are using it to paint a picture of incompetence at the current management. You appear petty, hypocritical, and bitter as do a few of the old gang who also would never hear ill of the club under DK but are now all chipping away at the current situation.

Bitter? The lady doth protest too much!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Our club which last season (2011/12) was being slaughter by most on here for banning one of its fans on the word of one off duty police officer, ignoring the other witness statements, resulting in the ban going to tribunal and being overturned. Our club is run by humans, people with faults who occasionally make mistakes.

I am not believing one side over the other (both involve human beings, with agendas) I'm taking both sides comments in and taking them all with a pinch of salt. I know you believe the clubs side because someone at the club has told you it, and I get that you will defend that position, but you have to be reasonable. That post was not "defending the LMA statement to the hilt".

Suggesting it was being selective in what it addressed is not a good thing to accuse it of, highlighting that it was more detailed than the clubs statement is not defending it, it's just highlighting a difference.

OK, OK, I give in! I just noted that ROSM has come at this (in the post in question, and earlier posts) with, and here comes an opinion, what seems to me a rather low opinion of the club's comms. However, I see the club's comms as justified ('good') IF the club is on solid ground, which, as you know I believe it is.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My point is that you always rebuked any criticism of the old regime but now criticize what the club is doing, ie. trying to get rid of a manager they feel has acted badly enough to terminate his employment and trying to save £2.5m in the process. You have nothing but an individual assessment of what is really going on based on a few PR statements and one of those from a Union of all places, and are using it to paint a picture of incompetence at the current management. You appear petty, hypocritical, and bitter as do a few of the old gang who also would never hear ill of the club under DK but are now all chipping away at the current situation.

I'm not criticising the club for trying to terminate a manager for the cheapest way possible. I do believe last weeks leaks were unneccesary, I do believe yesterday's club statement was inflammatory. As a hr person I do believe both could prima facie, harm the clubs position.

Now let's get to the personal insults that you consistently levy at me. I have consistently tried to explain and rationalise that to you but you don't have the courtesy to read it seemly. You have a problem with me, well frankly tough. You can be the keyboard warrior you want to be.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sorry really don't follow.

You sound more bitter than the person you're accusing the same of! As if you wanted to be in the gang and weren't allowed to join? Not that it was a gang, just a group of fans who anyone could join but few in number cared that deeply about the club back then.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
:ffsparr:

Will this ever stop?

Yes indeed it will, on Thursday. You don't suspend your club figurehead for 4 weeks & compile a 500 page dossier to welcome him back with open arms and back to business as usual, Gus will be rightly binned on Thursday and whilst the fallout will likely continue for a bit at least we can move on and start preparation for next season.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Okay, how did NSC, Jonny cantor and other journos hear there was a meeting last Friday. And how were they told gus failed to turn up. How did I hear a senior club officer was standing next to gus when he sent his email? How did you hear 5 weeks ago what you heard. They all came from leaks.

It depends on who they came from and whether its first hand knowledge. Some will be genuine leaks from those actually involved and others will be gossip within the club.

The club is now a reasonably large employer and in line with any employer of that size employees gossip. I've seen it happen with the club before where I've been told information as fact which was clearly gossip. And I've also been told information where that person was personally witness which was clearly fact.

As very little of the information "leaked" has proved to be accurate or been shown to be from from those directly involved my guess is that there is currently a lot of gossip.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Now let's get to the personal insults that you consistently levy at me. I have consistently tried to explain and rationalise that to you but you don't have the courtesy to read it seemly. You have a problem with me, well frankly tough. You can be the keyboard warrior you want to be.

I dont have a problem with you at all. I am just highlighting your old behaviour when part of the clubs inner sanctum compared to your current behaviour now outside. You are being highly critical of how the club is communicating. You would never have publicly done that on here when we were at Withdean under DK. Fact.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You sound more bitter than the person you're accusing the same of! As if you wanted to be in the gang and weren't allowed to join? Not that it was a gang, just a group of fans who anyone could join but few in number cared that deeply about the club back then.

:lol::lol::lol:

I can honestly tell you, as would anyone who knows me, that I would never ever have wanted to be anywhere near that group, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near an equivalent today. Far too geeky for my cool standard I'm afraid. I've got a proper life to live, and I live it well.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Yes indeed it will, on Thursday. You don't suspend your club figurehead for 4 weeks & compile a 500 page dossier to welcome him back with open arms and back to business as usual, Gus will be rightly binned on Thursday and whilst the fallout will likely continue for a bit at least we can move on and start preparation for next season.

I know Gus will leave, but will it be Thursday? Or will there be another adjournment? Wouldn't be surprised if there was.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
You do understand that when it "happens all the time in football" that it results in the club paying off the manager the sum of wages owing for the entire remainder of their contract? You realise this would cost us £2.5m? You realise that the WHOLE reason the club is following this process is that they believe there has been misconduct and are trying to actually fire Poyet as a result and save us all that money for something productive, such as players?

Yes I understand that completely and still other clubs have removed managers eg Southampton and waited for the manager to come back with a claim of unfair dismissal. All i was saying was that if the club have such a cast iron case then there would be no need for this as they could take deal with it when accused and that wouldn't happen or if it did not get very far if it was a strong case. All I've been saying is its not as black and white as you and others seem to think. Yes back the club but surely you wouldn't want gus hung for a crime he didn't commit surely?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I dont have a problem with you at all. I am just highlighting your old behaviour when part of the clubs inner sanctum compared to your current behaviour now outside. You are being highly critical of how the club is communicating. You would never have publicly done that on here when we were at Withdean under DK. Fact.

If dick knight had issued either of the releases over the last two days then I would have criticised.

I did criticise ken brown (employed by knight) . I'm not criticising tony bloom. I criticised Richard Hebberd, also employed by dk.

But let's not let facts get in the way of your prejudice.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
It depends on who they came from and whether its first hand knowledge. Some will be genuine leaks from those actually involved and others will be gossip within the club.

The club is now a reasonably large employer and in line with any employer of that size employees gossip. I've seen it happen with the club before where I've been told information as fact which was clearly gossip. And I've also been told information where that person was personally witness which was clearly fact.

As very little of the information "leaked" has proved to be accurate or been shown to be from from those directly involved my guess is that there is currently a lot of gossip.

Journalists don't act on gossip. They act on briefings from known sources. It may be gossip, but likely gossip based on knowledge

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Hence stating that some will be genuine leaks and also why the journalists I saw referred to the Friday meeting as nothing stronger than a whisper. I don't read all of them so others may have reported it as stronger.

I'd also qualify that with respected journalists don't act on gossip. I could tell you stories about "Fleet Street" that would disprove the theory that none do lol

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know Gus will leave, but will it be Thursday? Or will there be another adjournment? Wouldn't be surprised if there was.

The club see Thu as the last chance for Gus to attend his hearing (and has publicly stated so). If he fails to turn up (I doubt it), then I presume he will be dismissed in absentia, Fri latest.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
:ffsparr:

Will this ever stop?

Possibly by late Thursday.

Depending on the outcome it could then go through the courts for a couple of years, but if that happens at least we can finally start preparing for next season, and there would be a possibility of an agreement further down the line when circumstances might encourage one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Your assumption re TB is, in fact, incorrect! Especially, with something as important as (so far at least) suspending our manager.

Indeed it is incorrect. Tony has said himself in the past that one of the most important roles of the chairman is to oversee the managerial appointment.

Quite frankly the attacks on here and allegations of incompetance against the club, Tony and Paul Barber are, well, to it politely just unbelievable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given that the appendices are around 500 pages long, are they likely to cover them all in one day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here