Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I wholeheartedly disagree. Many fans seemed to take the LMA statement as gospel. The last thing the club needs going into Thu.

Does it really matter what the fans think, we're not going to vote on it. It's all going to be played behind closed doors and whatever our views they aren't going to be taken into consideration. Maybe a few fans will stay away but they know that fans come back if success is there and you don't usually choose your football club so to speak

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I haven't read all this thread so sorry if all ready said, but the LMA has been caught in a likley lie. They state late yesterday afternoon Brighton decided to adjurn the hearing, but the BBC broke the story at 1.10 pm, I guess it could have been a lucky guess.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's really quite simple: In any context, a totally over-aggressive response such as this one clearly demonstrates nothing so much as that the truth has hurt. Whereas if they'd kept their big litigation-threatening trap shut, it wouldn't have.

OK, MoH. You are entitled to your opinion. You are not alone. However, I think the club had to fight back, and fight back hard.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So lets look at the chronology:

Club sources leak last Thursday that a meeting will take place on Friday. Same club sources brief on Friday that meeting not happening as gus hasn't turned up.

Turns put he's on holiday and no meeting was due to take place.

Monday, club issues what can at best be described as an inflamatory statement. Lma so upset by what they see as an inaccurate and unfair statement they respond and selectively address points.

Tuesday, club so upset by lma statement it issues a further statement saying lma statement is unfair and inaccurate and then raise the anti by saying they reserve their right to take action against lma. Note the club (unlike the lma statement) doesn't raise any specifics that are unfair or inaccurate. Was it all of it or part of it? How important was the 'part'?

Am I the only one here who thinks that this isn't fulfilling what a good comms strategy normally sets out to achieve? Assuming we have one here.

You really are hilarious. During the Dick Knight era when you were in the happy clappy gang you would defend almost ANYTHING the club did or said to the hilt on here. Now the club is conducting itself like a proper business and doesn't run everything like some village committee you stand on the outside throwing abuse at how things are done. Very poor form.

The reality is there is nothing wrong with what the club has done in anyones eyes except those that have beef with the new regime and those that still cuddle their Gus Poyet teddy at night and will take that side no matter what is said or done.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Innocent until proven guilty?

I am sticking by what my source (close to top of club) told me re Gus about 5 weeks ago. IF what I was told is true, then Gus is toast. We'll know for sure Thu, or Fri latest.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It is very strange how we had very little by way of official statements from the club whereas now they seem to have statement diarrhea. I wonder if Gus speaking out on Sunday has provoked the club to take a more aggressive approach to this mess.

Absolutely! The moment Gus broke his silence on National TV he lost any chance of retaining the moral high ground. It's then gloves off and if we are in the right (we'll have decent lawyers advising us) then we can put our point across. I'm amazed how some people on here seem to be very critical of the club when all I can see is senior employees doing their best to defend the Club's position in what must be a very stressful situation. How many of you have had to deal with a complex, high profile HR situation? PB is trying to do this correctly for the benefit of the club....let's give him a bit of support.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is now bordering stupidity. Gus Poyet has shown his true colours and the club have done themselves no favours by dragging themselves into a bottomless Pitt with this unbelievable he said she said crap! All we will we be remembered for is this pile of shite that we have managed to drag that good for nothing LMA into. All the hard work of putting the club, the new ground and more importantly the 25k season ticket holders onto the footballing map has, in my opinion, has gone to waste! FFS, sort it out and either sack him or shut up and get the 2013/14 season started!

Wrong! Would you prefer we 'do a Blackburn', and end up paying a lot more money out to our (soon-to-be-ex) Manager at some later stage?

Aug 23, 2011
You really are hilarious. During the Dick Knight era when you were in the happy clappy gang you would defend almost ANYTHING the club did or said to the hilt on here. Now the club is conducting itself like a proper business and doesn't run everything like some village committee you stand on the outside throwing abuse at how things are done. Very poor form.

The reality is there is nothing wrong with what the club has done in anyones eyes except those that have beef with the new regime and those that still cuddle their Gus Poyet teddy at night and will take that side no matter what is said or done.

I wouldn't call it abuse, more like pointing out the communications team may not be handling this quite right. I don't have any beef with the club regime or am I super pro gus but I do think the club hasn't covered itself in glory with the recent releases. They kept it quiet for 4 weeks but then started leaking small items which have no real relevance except seemingly to belittle the other side in my opinion.

Aug 23, 2011
I am sticking by what my source (close to top of club) told me re Gus about 5 weeks ago. IF what I was told is true, then Gus is toast. We'll know for sure Thu, or Fri latest.

Yes but however accurate your super great source is, could it be possible that they knew the allegation(s) and told you that he's gone but there hasn't been the evidence to back it up? I'm not asking you to say what it is as you cant but do you know what the breaches relate to?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

does anyone really think Tony Bloom would gamble tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds on something that he thinks he might lose. He can afford the best legal team money can buy and will have had them in place and fully aware of the situation for weeks if not months. I suspect Poyet and the LMA have walked head first into the trap.

what I don't understand (if it's true) is that Gus turned down a financial offer, unless that offer was that Gus should pay us £2m.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So lets look at the chronology:

Club sources leak last Thursday that a meeting will take place on Friday. Same club sources brief on Friday that meeting not happening as gus hasn't turned up.

Turns put he's on holiday and no meeting was due to take place.

Monday, club issues what can at best be described as an inflamatory statement. Lma so upset by what they see as an inaccurate and unfair statement they respond and selectively address points.

Tuesday, club so upset by lma statement it issues a further statement saying lma statement is unfair and inaccurate and then raise the anti by saying they reserve their right to take action against lma. Note the club (unlike the lma statement) doesn't raise any specifics that are unfair or inaccurate. Was it all of it or part of it? How important was the 'part'?

Am I the only one here who thinks that this isn't fulfilling what a good comms strategy normally sets out to achieve? Assuming we have one here.

You seem a sensible poster, but again you appear to be defending an LMA statement to the hilt whilst accusing the club of leaks, and poorly-thought-out statements. I, on the other hand, genuinely believe the club are on solid ground. In short, I trust our chairman and board.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You're living in dreamland if you think this won't now rumble on for years. By going down the road they've chosen, the club have opened themselves up to all manor of legal disputes, claims and counter-claims ALL of which will involve solicitors and legal advisers.

It will cost the LMA and Poyet a fortune to follow that agenda as the sacked party has to take the case to court. It sounds to me that the club are HIGHLY confident in their case and I think thats exactly what todays statement shows. Unless the LMA is certain they are going to win it is highly unlikely this will rumble on very long at all.

Aug 23, 2011
You seem a sensible poster, but again you appear to be defending an LMA statement to the hilt whilst accusing the club of leaks, and poorly-thought-out statements. I, on the other hand, genuinely believe the club are on solid ground. In short, I trust our chairman and board.

I believe that club think they are on solid ground but the trouble is proving it. I trust the chairman however no-one (excepting myself) is infallable

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And why do you assume the club can do no wrong ? To alter one of your posts - you might want to take your head out of Bloom's backside !

Because I know and trust the man (bloom). Whereas Gus, well let's just leave it there (for now!).

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Do you think those exist in business let alone football?

Yes, I know they do, and they are usually the more naturally gifted. A very close friend of mine, himself an exceptionally talented and bright individual, once said to me regarding his piers "there are two types of people who get this far in any organisation - the self-obsessed sociopaths, often promoted beyond their level of competence, and the genuinely gifted, who sometimes, depending who they work for, hit their ceiling too early due to having sound ethics that they won't compromise".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here