Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New Churchill Square vaccination centre opens today....and closes due to protesters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you should actually read that link. It discusses anti vaxxers using the same social media platforms as far right groups. It also explicitly says they are not one and the same thing. Take a look at this link;

https://www.economist.com/britain/2021/07/03/the-anti-lockdown-movement-is-still-going-strong

There are plenty of others on that Google thing you mentioned discussing left and right joining forces across Europe to oppose lockdowns and vaccines. Sorry to break it to you but these are libertarians of the left and right.

Piers Corbyn led the Hove vaccination centre protest in July, and yesterday's was led by Kate Shemirani, a nurse who has been struck off, a known conspiracy theorist.

That’s amusing. I quoted the same link to you. It is about left and right combining at a rock concert. No references to ‘organised far right.’ Have you actually read it ?

You don’t think Tommy Robinson supporters are part of the organised far right? People chanting Free Tommy at anti vax demos? Seriously?

I think you should actually read that link. It discusses anti vaxxers using the same social media platforms as far right groups. It also explicitly says they are not one and the same thing. Take a look at this link;

https://www.economist.com/britain/2021/07/03/the-anti-lockdown-movement-is-still-going-strong

There are plenty of others on that Google thing you mentioned discussing left and right joining forces across Europe to oppose lockdowns and vaccines. Sorry to break it to you but these are libertarians of the left and right.

That’s an utterly disengenuous reading. It argues the anti vaxx movement is penetrated by organised fascists. Are you denying this?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Most of the anti-vax people I know are all what you would call "alternative culture" with pretty much a hippie vibe rather than a political one. Obviously you can extrapolate from who I know to the population as a whole, but I do think in Brighton there is quite a crossover between conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxers.

Some of my children's friends were supposed to be getting their second jab yesterday; I believe they can all go back later and get it done so hopefully no damage will result. But not very impressive of the police to let protests close down a medical centre. Hopefully it won't happen successfully again.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Here’s an article about anti vaxxers that details Tommy Robinson supporters on its first par. Really fascinated that this appears a shock to some on here https://www.economist.com/britain/2021/07/03/the-anti-lockdown-movement-is-still-going-strong

I can only read the beginning of that article but it is describing anti-lockdown, which is a slightly different thing to anti-vaccine, although with some crossover. I have been in and around left wing demos and although there is an advertised caused they do tend to get hijacked by people's pet causes as well.

I am not saying there isn't a crossover between the far right and anti vaxxers because plainly there is but from what I have seen a lot of the anti vaccination protests are fairly middle class while football hooligans tend to call themselves working class. Also Piers Corbyn would call himself left wing (although I would debate that point) and David Icke doesn't really sit in the political spectrum easily.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You don’t think Tommy Robinson supporters are part of the organised far right? People chanting Free Tommy at anti vax demos? Seriously?

People chanting ‘free Tommy’ and ‘young, racially diverse crowds chanting ‘ “We are the 99%”, its anthem. “Stick your poisonous vaccine up your arse,” go the lyrics. The “99%” refrain is borrowed from Occupy, a left-wing movement.
So both weird extremes. Sorry.

That’s an utterly disengenuous reading. It argues the anti vaxx movement is penetrated by organised fascists. Are you denying this?

See above

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Most of the anti-vax people I know are all what you would call "alternative culture" with pretty much a hippie vibe rather than a political one. Obviously you can extrapolate from who I know to the population as a whole, but I do think in Brighton there is quite a crossover between conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxers.

Some of my children's friends were supposed to be getting their second jab yesterday; I believe they can all go back later and get it done so hopefully no damage will result. But not very impressive of the police to let protests close down a medical centre. Hopefully it won't happen successfully again.

My experience too. Though it's completely counter intuitive to think of hippies using violence. Rather than hippy, maybe there's a better word to describe the subculture, not sure what though

People chanting ‘free Tommy’ and ‘young, racially diverse crowds chanting ‘ “We are the 99%”, its anthem. “Stick your poisonous vaccine up your arse,” go the lyrics. The “99%” refrain is borrowed from Occupy, a left-wing movement.
So both weird extremes. Sorry.

See above

I can only think for some weird reason best known to yourself you are trying to protect fascists by pointing at left wingers. I don’t know any left wing group that is anti vaxx, some very tiny irrelevant left groups (nothing connected to the Labour left) were anti lockdown but no anti vaxx. If you know any, let me have their names and I’ll take a look. Piers Corbyn has not been a leading figure in any left orgs since at least the 1990s. Jeremy Corbyn’s own sons regularly refer to him on Twitter as a clown, which is about right

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've come across (ooh er) some vaccine worryers. Women in their mid to late 20s plainly a bit clucky (or broody some call it) and twitchy by the fertility issues. No way would they get all ****ish outside a vaccination centre mind.

Haven’t got time now but there are dozens of articles detailing the links between anti vaxx and far right, if I get time after work I’ll try and post them but they are easily searchable

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I can only think for some weird reason best known to yourself you are trying to protect fascists by pointing at left wingers. I don’t know any left wing group that is anti vaxx, some very tiny irrelevant left groups (nothing connected to the Labour left) were anti lockdown but no anti vaxx. If you know any, let me have their names and I’ll take a look. Piers Corbyn has not been a leading figure in any left orgs since at least the 1990s. Jeremy Corbyn’s own sons regularly refer to him on Twitter as a clown, which is about right

When did I or anybody else mention the Labour Left ? You came on here asserting that the anti vaxxers were organised far right groups. You still haven’t backed that up. I have simply pointed you towards articles describing left and right conspiracy theorists uniting. I’m sure far right groups are also in the mix as are right wing radio hosts in America. You don’t seem to understand the nuance that this is a mish mash of weirdos and instead you are pursuing some sort of agenda about other issues. If these are the same people as the statue mob then provide some proof. By asking you to back it up it does not mean I am supporting them. What an odd conclusion.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
The problem with having an election consisting of far right libertarian (Johnson) against far left libertarian (Corbyn) is that you encourage the loons to come out of the woodwork. You also get Brexit ;)

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No, I don't think it's the venue, I read it to be more about the juvenile status of the potential vaccine recipients and the fact that they are not old [or wise] enough to decide for themselves on such adult matters of "should I get a vaccine?"
So the protesters have taken it upon themselves to intervene for the welfare of these [poor misled] children.

As posted above - a protest for REMOVING freedom of choice really needs a counter protest to remind these people what we have been through to preserve our freedom of choice & speech [so long as it's legal obvs] ....

I mean plenty of adults need to go there for their second doses, and more than 30% of under 40s in Brighton need a first dose!

It's all so stupid.

When did I or anybody else mention the Labour Left ? You came on here asserting that the anti vaxxers were organised far right groups. You still haven’t backed that up. I have simply pointed you towards articles describing left and right conspiracy theorists uniting. I’m sure far right groups are also in the mix as are right wing radio hosts in America. You don’t seem to understand the nuance that this is a mish mash of weirdos and instead you are pursuing some sort of agenda about other issues. If these are the same people as the statue mob then provide some proof. By asking you to back it up it does not mean I am supporting them. What an odd conclusion.

I’m not here to waste my afternoon doing your homework. Show some intellectual curiosity for heaven’s sake

Links, yes. Not exclusive links though. It is more complicated and grey than that. Perhaps you just don’t do complicated and grey ?

Perhaps you don’t do detailed facts

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m not here to waste my afternoon doing your homework. Show some intellectual curiosity for heaven’s sake

I am mostly intellectually curious as to why you are so resistant to the idea that these anti vaxxers are anything else than a far right conspiracy. I am beginning to think you share their propensity to conspiracy theory.

Perhaps you don’t do detailed facts

Multiple posts into this thread and you still haven’t given any detailed facts to back up your initial assertion. That’s the problem.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021

You made the claim, so the burden lies with you to support it.

Still, you get some credit for admitting you are unable to do so, and are intellectually dishonest. Pity you don’t know being intellectually dishonest is not a good thing.

Jul 20, 2003
They are quite obviously morons.

Not clear what they're trying to achieve? Ban the vaccine? Bit late for that isn't it?

It's that publicity hungry toxic moron Shemirani (sp?) again

Was anti 5G protests but that went quiet. Then anti lockdown protests. When lockdown was lifted moved unto anti compulsory vaccination protests. When it became clear that there wasn't going to be compulsory vaccines moved into campaigning against any vaccines.

She's hooked on fame and completely insane.

Personally I'd stick her and her closest followers on Gruinard tell them they're getting their own reality tv show but actually run those anthrax trials again .. give them the conspiracy they're so desperate for.

Last edited:

You made the claim, so the burden lies with you to support it.

Still, you get some credit for admitting you are unable to do so, and are intellectually dishonest. Pity you don’t know being intellectually dishonest is not a good thing.

Or maybe spoonfeeding NSC’s credulous legion of fash/right apologists maybe is not how I want to spend my time but good to see you all reveal yourselves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here