Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BHA Fans

CBR84

Feb 19, 2012
No not a wind up - sorry to disappoint all the detectives.

For those who were interested I'm a Sheffield United fan, and like I say I moved about 5 years ago. I used to go to all blades home games until I moved here. Now I can unfortunatley only make half a dozen or so. I just miss the weekly involvement of going to watch the footy thats all.

The Blades will always be my first team but I love football and watching football.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
1. Only way you get to game this season is f you use one of your mates season tickets, as you need a history with the club.

2. again I doubt your get a season ticket next year nless some seats are added as there is atleast a 2000 waiting list.

3. they start from 350 ish.

8000 new seats going in, if that is the waiting list then you should be fine surely?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even if it was a Palace fan, it's a pretty dismal wind up anyway.

Who cares if someone hasn't been to games for a long time? Does it make them any less worthy? God I can't stand some of the snobbery on here at times. We all went to our first game at some point, was I a plastic JCL when my Dad took me to my first game at the Goldstone in 1986? Should I have served some form of apprenticeship first, whereby my nine year old self was forced to learn the names of the 1979 promotion winning side and the FA Cup final squad off by heart? Should I have been able to produce ticket stubs from a midweek away game at Darlington before being allowed through the Goldstone turnstiles?

FFS, everyone has a starting point, and in actual fact, the vast majority of our current season ticket holders couldn't be further from new starters: they probably went to games at the Goldstone before travelling to Gillingham became far too much of an effort (I went, but I can easily empathise with those who didn't). Similarly, they probably dropped in at Withdean now and again, and still identified themselves, when asked, as Brighton supporters, but the hassle of getting tickets for Withdean as a non STH, and the depressing shit-ness of having to endure that ground, week in, week out, put many right off. Again, understandable.

We are not like (say) Reading, whose crowds pre-Madejski had never been much above a few thousand. We have actually had fleeting periods in our history where the crowds in the twenty and thirty thousand regions were there. Many of those people are now back, because they can see we have a team and a stadium that makes them really want to be part of the club again. That's not plastic in my book.

And frankly, if somebody who isn't local and just likes football wants to come along now and again, then all power to him (if he can get tickets). Every club has people who just drop in. There's probably more at Palace as they can always pay on the gate and tickets are cheap. Do Palace turn them down because they're not bona fide supporters? Given that they need every bum on seat they can, I'm rather confident they don't.

So spare me the snotty dismissal of other football fans, it's small minded and unnecessary.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
1. Only way you get to game this season is f you use one of your mates season tickets, as you need a history with the club.

2. again I doubt your get a season ticket next year nless some seats are added as there is atleast a 2000 waiting list.

3. they start from 350 ish.

Waiting list is much much higher than that..

CBR84

Feb 19, 2012
Thank you for all you're responses you've been very helpful. So to get on the magic waiting list do I just need to ring the ticket office or can I do it online? I've had a quick look online but couldn't find an obvious way

DanielT

Thank you for all you're responses you've been very helpful. So to get on the magic waiting list do I just need to ring the ticket office or can I do it online? I've had a quick look online but couldn't find an obvious way

Should be able to over the phone, but try and go to the club shop at the ground. Should get you hooked quicker!

also, you have a nice Albion connection with Sheffield utd: they have Will Hoskins on loan from us

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Even if it was a Palace fan, it's a pretty dismal wind up anyway.

Who cares if someone hasn't been to games for a long time? Does it make them any less worthy? God I can't stand some of the snobbery on here at times. We all went to our first game at some point, was I a plastic JCL when my Dad took me to my first game at the Goldstone in 1986? Should I have served some form of apprenticeship first, whereby my nine year old self was forced to learn the names of the 1979 promotion winning side and the FA Cup final squad off by heart? Should I have been able to produce ticket stubs from a midweek away game at Darlington before being allowed through the Goldstone turnstiles?

FFS, everyone has a starting point, and in actual fact, the vast majority of our current season ticket holders couldn't be further from new starters: they probably went to games at the Goldstone before travelling to Gillingham became far too much of an effort (I went, but I can easily empathise with those who didn't). Similarly, they probably dropped in at Withdean now and again, and still identified themselves, when asked, as Brighton supporters, but the hassle of getting tickets for Withdean as a non STH, and the depressing shit-ness of having to endure that ground, week in, week out, put many right off. Again, understandable.

We are not like (say) Reading, whose crowds pre-Madejski had never been much above a few thousand. We have actually had fleeting periods in our history where the crowds in the twenty and thirty thousand regions were there. Many of those people are now back, because they can see we have a team and a stadium that makes them really want to be part of the club again. That's not plastic in my book.

And frankly, if somebody who isn't local and just likes football wants to come along now and again, then all power to him (if he can get tickets). Every club has people who just drop in. There's probably more at Palace as they can always pay on the gate and tickets are cheap. Do Palace turn them down because they're not bona fide supporters? Given that they need every bum on seat they can, I'm rather confident they don't.

So spare me the snotty dismissal of other football fans, it's small minded and unnecessary.

here, here, exactly all that!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Welcome aboard CBR84, you should be fine fro a season ticket next year if you stick your name down now. Don't pay no heed to the idiots who try to put you off. I hope you enjoy living in Sussex and become to regard Brighton and Hove Albion just as highly as you do Sheff Utd.

ssbhafc22

Sep 22, 2011
Hello all - first post on here so be gentle

I've lived in Brighton for about 5 years now and always loved my football so was thinking of attending the odd home game here & there this season. The main reason being I really miss going to watch football week in week out and all my mates seem to now be BHA season ticket holders & go every week. So I just have a couple of questions if you'd be so kind to answer;

Can I just go online or to the ticket office and just purchase or do I need ticket history?

If I as I suspect I will get the bug again & want a season ticket next season what are my chances? I'm aware there is a waiting list so how do I get on it? I know they are adding seats to the AMEX in the summer so hopefully this will help me towards regular football again.

Final question - how much did you guys pay for a season ticket this season? Just so I know in advance what kind of price to expect should I get lucky.

Thank you in advance for any answers to the above.

1) there are some games you can go in and just purchase a ticket, you are best to keep checking the website and that will tell you the specifications you need to purchase a ticket.

2) to get onto the season ticket waiting list just pop in to either ticket office to get them to put you on there

3) cheapest season ticket for adults this season was £395 and there is likely to be an increase for next season.

Hope that answered everything for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here