Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] New bank fraud - advice sought

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
UK FS Ombudsman expects you to give the institution the chance to deal with the problem.......of course if they don’t, or they ignore you, or don’t get back quickly enough then you can go to the Ombudsman. The bank have 8 weeks from receipt of your initial compliant to deliver their final answer.

Threatening to involve the Ombudsman does sometimes speed the process up of course [emoji6]

Last I checked FOS charge the firm £425 for each complaint raised by FOS regardless of the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
You say that your son has no idea how they got his card details and phone number. He ain't gonna admit it to you, but most young men I know spend their time sening edach other video clips taken from most anywhere. There might be a clue there, as they are usually sent onto a mobile 'phone .

It is also possible that his son used his card somewhere where he also left his phone number in relation to COVID tracing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You say that your son has no idea how they got his card details and phone number. He ain't gonna admit it to you, but most young men I know spend their time sening edach other video clips taken from most anywhere. There might be a clue there, as they are usually sent onto a mobile 'phone .

I use a prepaid debit card for online personal transactions, and simply transfer the money into it for the exact amount required. Anyone is welcome to clone that.

Having said that, I had a call from BT about an old account for BT Sport TV for the pub I run. It wasn't until near the end of the call, when I'd paid with my business debit card that I discovered that BT do a lot their accounting in Mumbai, India, and that's where the call had come from. So now some Indian person has my card details, although to be fair the charge went through the bank in the usual way the same day. But 'customer not present' may mean something else on the sub-continent. I've stopped the card and asked for a fresh one.

I know what you mean but it isn't likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here