Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Bands/albums

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Nope, it's the Martin Brothers. Justin Martin made a massive tune called Revox which Tim Green remixed which was also a samsher.

The Martin Brothers - Dum / The Hype Machine

I don't have a copy I'm afraid but keep a look out for it.

i have a few justin martin records, not digging that west coast sound too much at the moment - i'll check it out though.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not new, but I am really enjoying the following...

Black Crowes...Warpaint
Zutons...You Can Do Anything
Alison Krauss/Robert Plant...Raising Sand
Baby Charles...Baby Charles

Please avoid Charleen Spiteri's Melody. She is desperatley trying to sound like Duffy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've proper missed something with the Streets. I don't get why he/it/they are so popular.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Original Pirate Material is the only one I listened too and thought that was shithouse, god knows what I wold make of the others.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Tokyo Police Club

PLAYING IN TUNBRIDGE WELLS TOMORROW NIGHT: Aug 14th

Not new as they have been around a few years, but if you haven't you should check out the album "Elephant Shell".

Standout tracks: "Graves" "Tessellate", "Sixties Remake", "Listen To The Math".

And if you like that, try "Nature Of The Experiment" and "Shoulders & Arms" from their mini-album "A Lesson In Crime" which was their first release.

A Canadian gem, really good live...go and thank me later

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Some good pics on here I will have to check out. And whoever it was has reminded me of the WHip as well, saw them at latitude last year and forgot how good they were.

I don't know if they're old or new or what, but I'm into the Fields at the minute, and having seen the Aliens gig at latitude this year keen to give their album (if they've got one?) a go. The lead singer is the guy from the Beta Band who went a bit mental, and if his performance was anything to go by, still is.

Has anyone checked out emusic? They've got a great deal on at the minute that if you sign up for their service, you get a free trial, and 50 free tracks. Cancel the trial, and you've got your albums for absolutely nothing. I've got the Fleet Foxes and Howling Bells albums so far. I get a few extra tracks if I recommend someone, if anyone fancies helping me out give me your email and I'll send an invite!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I don't know if they're old or new or what, but I'm into the Fields at the minute, and I'll send an invite!

Fields are excellent, "Everything Last Winter" (their debut) is a great album and I feel that band are very underrated. They have some new demo's up on their myspace as they are working on the second album. Saw them open for Bloc Party in Sheffield last February.

MySpace.com - Fields - Birmingham/Reykjavik/London, UK - Psychedelic / Rock - www.myspace.com/fieldsband

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I have heard some early demos from their new record and it looks like building well on their debut, which I thought was excellent.

Seeing The Rifles at Merc in Carnaby Street on Friday and then at V Fest Sunday morning! Great band and great lads too! Might be being a bit cheeky here but I'll ask anyway.. is there any chance you could send me them demos?

As far as new(ish) bands go I'd definitely recommend The Ruling Class and Imperial Leisure.

http://www.myspace.com/therifles

http://www.myspace.com/therulingclassuk

http://www.myspace.com/imperialleisure

barney

Jul 31, 2006

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Amy Macdonald - This Is The Life

amy_macdonald.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
for those partial to some electronic/disco/deep house/balearic stuff, download this mix from belgian act Aeroplane ... it's really good, track list below!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fw0uk4

1. They Came From The Stars - 'The Gospel (Mungolian Jet Set mix)' [TINAE]
2. 'Pirmas Finns' [CD-R]
3. The Shortwave Set 'Now Til 69 (Aeroplane remix)' [Wall Of Sound]
4. Eine Kleine Nacht Musik - 'La Serenissima' [Modular]
5. Bostro Pesopeo - 'Communquis' [Permanent Vacation]
6. Grand Popo - 'My Territory (Joakim dub)' [CD-R]
7. Quixote feat. Lisa LI-Lund - 'I Started To Dance (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)' [Versatile]
8. Simon Baker - 'Plastik (Todd Terje Remix)' [Playhouse]
9. Henrik Schwarz/Ame/Dixon - 'D.P.O.M.B.' [Innervisions]

Thats their resident advisor mix isnt it? Ive been playing that constant for about 2 weeks now, love it. Saw they are playing at The End saturday night, tempting.

ye ole random dude

Feb 14, 2008
Finland
Daedelus and Lillica Libertine have got some ace stuff out now and are names for the future. Cage the Elephant, Lykke Li, Florence & the Machine, Santogold, Black Kids and Late of the Pier are some of the bands i find exciting at the moment. MGMT were mint live aswell. Cut Copy have been around for a while but their newest album In Ghost Colours is the business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here