Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Bands/albums

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Who are you listening to at the moment?

finally got round to the mystery jets album, quite liked it, tried to get into does it offend you yeah, found them ok but friendly fires are well worth checking out :thumbsup:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
for those partial to some electronic/disco/deep house/balearic stuff, download this mix from belgian act Aeroplane ... it's really good, track list below!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fw0uk4

1. They Came From The Stars - 'The Gospel (Mungolian Jet Set mix)' [TINAE]
2. 'Pirmas Finns' [CD-R]
3. The Shortwave Set 'Now Til 69 (Aeroplane remix)' [Wall Of Sound]
4. Eine Kleine Nacht Musik - 'La Serenissima' [Modular]
5. Bostro Pesopeo - 'Communquis' [Permanent Vacation]
6. Grand Popo - 'My Territory (Joakim dub)' [CD-R]
7. Quixote feat. Lisa LI-Lund - 'I Started To Dance (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)' [Versatile]
8. Simon Baker - 'Plastik (Todd Terje Remix)' [Playhouse]
9. Henrik Schwarz/Ame/Dixon - 'D.P.O.M.B.' [Innervisions]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Been busy but Noah and the Whale has just gone on the MP3 and the I'm from Barcelona album yet to listen. Must also add the Gorol Bordello see if it gets me out the the Beachdown.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down - Noah and the Whale

Quite interesting with a couple of beauties, Jocasta, Shape of my Heart.......I have only had it 3 days and It has replaced my Wombats CD in my playlist :clap::clap:

Ishmael Arat

Call me Ishmael
Aug 9, 2008
If you're a fan of experimental music with melodies to die for I'd heartliy recommend Thomas White's (he of Electric Soft Parade & Brakes) debut solo album "I Dream of Black" available here.......

Drift Records Blog

Recorded in his basement in Brighton I believe. Good enough.

“Overall proceedings are versatile, essentially original and engaging. Moreover ’I Dream Of Black’ is a somewhat unusual album, in that it is as much of itself while simultaneous sounding like some distant album soundtracking a lost, forgotten 60’s film” - Subba-Culture

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
i have heard the rifles are releasing a new album.

if so, it should be a beast

I have heard some early demos from their new record and it looks like building well on their debut, which I thought was excellent.

I quite like The Whip as well at the moment.

Other than that a lot of new bands pretty much leave me a little uninspired.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I have heard some early demos from their new record and it looks like building well on their debut, which I thought was excellent.

Other than that a lot of new bands pretty much leave me a little uninspired.

i find myself in the same predicament.

ah, that is good news, i have been excited about their follow up for some time..

the whip eh? not heard of them before, but will look them up taking your advice, as by the seems of your posts on here, you know how to live.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Go and see them live, they're excellent.

I've not been listening to a lot of bands at the moment but I would be interested to hear any views on the Alphabeat album.

@ house your seagull - have you heard the Martin Brothers tune called 'Dum'? It's a heater.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Go and see them live, they're excellent.

I've not been listening to a lot of bands at the moment but I would be interested to hear any views on the Alphabeat album.

@ house your seagull - have you heard the Martin Brothers tune called 'Dum'? It's a heater.

Me and the missis caught them (the whip) by chance at the Fat Boy Slim o2 day in Hyde Park. They were fantastic live, crowd really went for it as well. We both thought they were quality and I forgot about them until now, will go and download some to my MP3.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
can i presume martini brothers? if so, no - i have been playing the konrad black mix of their 'buleaux' track - nice techno track.

PM a copy of that 'dum' if you have it.

Nope, it's the Martin Brothers. Justin Martin made a massive tune called Revox which Tim Green remixed which was also a samsher.

The Martin Brothers - Dum / The Hype Machine

I don't have a copy I'm afraid but keep a look out for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here