Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BA Strike

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No what will happen is that BA will get into deep financial shit and grovel to the tax payers to bail them out. Frankly it's high time that these people got sacked.

Totally agree with sacking them, I worked as aircraft engineer for 18 years for B-Cal/BA and BA's trolly dolly's believe they are above everyone else.

As far as tax payers bailing them out, they are not allowed to under international law agreements.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Totally agree with sacking them, I worked as aircraft engineer for 18 years for B-Cal/BA and BA's trolly dolly's believe they are above everyone else.

As far as tax payers bailing them out, they are not allowed to under international law agreements.

To be fair BCal's Trolley Dollies thought the same of those of the likes of BIA, Britannia, Dan Air, Monarch and Air Europe. One of the reasons that BCal went under was the fact that they paid their flying staff a lot more than their competitors. BA mind you were so up themselves I doubt that they even realised that any other airlines existed.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
BA is my work policy and i have a f***ing gold card with the ***** and i cannot stand them for the crew attitude. i am a normal bod and i cannot stand the snootiness. unfortunately their network out of london to just about anywhere is second to none obviously and they are unavoidable. there are some great ones but the old guard especially in premium cabins think their shit doesnt stink. that may work with the yanks who lap it up and BA play up to but they really need a root and branch clear out of the old maids. the arab airlines wipe the floor with them service wise. mind you its the same with air france kl lufthansa etc. west european airlines need to get their arse in gear quick sharp.

on the flip side some very clued up people have said you will see the value of BA crew when there is a proper problem and i agree. touchy feely they dont do but switched on they certainly are. its a dilemma. there are many many far worse airlines out there.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
we have a booking in April with American Airlines, BUT when you look at the details, its a joint flight with BA...does that mean that the flight could be a BA one and if there are these strikes, we could be caught with it, or do you reckon AA will tell them to f*** right off and use their own planes?

I should imagine you will be fine as like last time, they will manage to still operate ALL longhaul flights out of LHR and LGW. It'll only be some short haul flights that will be cancelled.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
we have a booking in April with American Airlines, BUT when you look at the details, its a joint flight with BA...does that mean that the flight could be a BA one and if there are these strikes, we could be caught with it, or do you reckon AA will tell them to f*** right off and use their own planes?

BA will operate all long haul flights during the strike so no need to worry on flights to USA. Also all flights from Gatwick and London City will go. It's european and UK flights from Heathrow that may be cut.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
if you post the flight number, you can tell from that..

AA are the junior partner in the BA codeshare in reality ex London, its very unlikely if its an AA flight you will be on BA metal. They always show both flight numbers in the system same as if its a joint Qantas/BA codeshare London - Asia. I have never been on either and flown on the carrier that wasnt the booked one or the initial flight number. BA are upgrading their fleet of 777s and 747s to install new first class in Cardiff so do not have aircraft to spare anyway strike or no.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I pity the fools.

mr-t-of-1980s-tv-fame.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You've got to be some kind of idiot to book with BA these days.

The staff are complete and utter wankers.

The boss isn't much better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
if you post the flight number, you can tell from that..

No, you can't always, for example Air Canada share and interlining deal with British Midland and you cannot tell from the flight number who is actually operating the flight.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
AA are the junior partner in the BA codeshare in reality ex London, its very unlikely if its an AA flight you will be on BA metal. They always show both flight numbers in the system same as if its a joint Qantas/BA codeshare London - Asia. I have never been on either and flown on the carrier that wasnt the booked one or the initial flight number. BA are upgrading their fleet of 777s and 747s to install new first class in Cardiff so do not have aircraft to spare anyway strike or no.

AA has two main hubs, Dallas and Chicago so I would think that a New York flight would be operated by BA.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
AA has two main hubs, Dallas and Chicago so I would think that a New York flight would be operated by BA.

JFK is also a pretty decent sized hub, and since october when they rearranged the transatlantic schedule so they weren't flying at the same time, they divvied up the day so they're pretty much even. in the last few weeks i've flown both (all booked as AA flights), so it really could be either.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
yeah, but for LHR-JFK you can...

Simple way for the person to find out which partner is operating the flight - Check the flight itinerary for the departing terminal. If Terminal 5 then its a BA flight. If T4 then AA. Also the 'non operating' codeshare partner usually has a 4 digit flight number. I think (?) BA starts with a '7' when they are not the operator in the codeshare flight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, you can't always, for example Air Canada share and interlining deal with British Midland and you cannot tell from the flight number who is actually operating the flight.

Yea you can, flight numbers + fact bmi dont fly to Canada....

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Simple way for the person to find out which partner is operating the flight - Check the flight itinerary for the departing terminal. If Terminal 5 then its a BA flight. If T4 then AA. Also the 'non operating' codeshare partner usually has a 4 digit flight number. I think (?) BA starts with a '7' when they are not the operator in the codeshare flight.

good point that. and yeah, AA usually starts with a 6xxx whtn they're not the operator as opposed to the usual AA100 or whatever it may be when they're the operator...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
*waits patiently for anti-union people to actually read what the strike is about so that they actually have a clue before posting nonsense*

Striking for :

1. A return of the benefits that were removed when they went on strike before. These benefits are non-contractual AND they were warned they would be withdrawn if they continued to strike.

2. For people that were planning of striking last time but were instead "sick" to get paid.

No, still no sympathy from this anti-union poster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here