Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Albion board member - Peter Godfrey

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
He retired as President of GNS earlier in the year but is now working for Amex as a consultant. He is a smart guy and will bring a wealth of valuable business acumen to the club. Nothing to do with taking money out of the club at all.
Its a good move for both parties

Lush

Mods' Pet
When you read business-babble quotes like this though, it makes you appreciate Gus's interviews even more.

"Godfrey added, "It is a huge privilege to be invited to join the board of a football club which is clearly on the up and one that I have actively followed for a number of years. The board's ambition is for the club to be the best both on the pitch and in everything we do off the pitch, and I am delighted to be part of a team who will aspire to achieve this."

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I should think It First's days are numbered as shirt sponsors!

i would have thought the club will be looking for a higher profile company now, but hats off to them for supporting us at a less glamorous stage of our renaissance.

my money would be on our shirt sponsers becoming Overline but how cool would dark star be?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When you read business-babble quotes like this though, it makes you appreciate Gus's interviews even more.

"Godfrey added, "It is a huge privilege to be invited to join the board of a football club which is clearly on the up and one that I have actively followed for a number of years. The board's ambition is for the club to be the best both on the pitch and in everything we do off the pitch, and I am delighted to be part of a team who will aspire to achieve this."

Sorry Lush, I'm not quite sure what you expect him to say ... "It's an everage club, going nowehere, don't know what I'm doing here".

Happy birthday for next week BTW.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit my first reaction when I'd heard he'd been following the Albion for a whole SIX years ever since he'd moved to Sussex was "where were you when we were shit?" Or more pertinently "where were you when we REALLY needed you?"

My second reaction was to realise I was being a bit small-minded. If you want the club to stay a noddy, two-bob third division outfit with only long-term diehard fans being welcomed at Falmex then yes, this is a 'bad' appointment and it should have gone to someone who's been a fan for forty years, was an STH at Priestfield and once gave £100 to the Alive and Kicking fund. If on the other hand you want the club to show a bit of ambition then this sounds like a good appointment.

Another potential comparison with with the Bamber era: Could Private, sorry, Mr Godfrey be the new Keith Wickenden? (Thought by many to be the real business brain on the Albion board of the late 1970s)

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Clubs are a business these days weather we like it or not so it makes sense to bring in somebody with a excellent business knowledge and links

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Which online bookmakers dont sponsor a team?.It wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with one of them.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
article-1239929-07BD34E2000005DC-931_233x423.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When we were shit he didn't have a viable interest in being involved with the club.

Now that there is a real benefit to being a board member he has decided to do just that.

I'll bet he has.

Sorry Phil, but the club could have gone to the wall and Amex wouldn't have given a f***. Please don't insult our intelligence and suggest we doff the cap to these random business hotshots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here