Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville Southall sacked by Hastings

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is with regret that the Club must report its decision to dispense with the services of First Team manager Neville Southall. In a statement, Chairman Dave Walters said,

"Unfortunately, there have recently been an increasing number of issues, on which Neville and I have disagreed and it had got to the point where our working relationship had broken down, beyond the point of repair, as far as I was concerned. However, there is no animosity between us and we wished each other the best of luck for the future. I would like to record my thanks to Neville for his considerable effort and commitment in trying to take the Club further."

It is also regrettable to announce that Assistant Manager Vince Moorton has today tendered his resignation from the Club, leaving United with two vital positions to fill, as they seek to keep pace with the Ryman League Division One promotion and play-off contenders. Recently appointed Reserve Team manager Alan Green has also resigned.

Interesting......

I smell a rat!.....or at least I would do If I lived in Croydon

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Could do a job for us:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
B.M.F said:

I remember how well he played when we fought battle with Torquay. Dominated for 89 minutes of the match. Southall pulling off some outstanding saves.

Only for Torquay to score with one break. Bedeau to Williams. 1-0. Then Big Nev wasting time. "Come on you fat bastard!!" shouts the south stand. To no avail.

A great professional and I hope he gets on with it and finds a better job.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
B.M.F said:

Yep enhance catering sales at home games

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I remember how well he played when we fought battle with Torquay. Dominated for 89 minutes of the match. Southall pulling off some outstanding saves.

Only for Torquay to score with one break. Bedeau to Williams. 1-0. Then Big Nev wasting time. "Come on you fat bastard!!" shouts the south stand. To no avail.

Yeah so do I, I flew back from the States for a week and unfortunately caught that game. One particular age defying save sticks in the mind as he flew across the goal, back arched and palmed the ball away. Still, having a slash alongside Alan Cork in the Nelson bogs that evening and giving him my 'Where we're going wrong up front' speech was worth the flight money alone. Corky would probably disagree.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Harty said:
Barry Lloyd for Hastings

....but will Barry Lloyd retain the catering contracts that Southall had? ???

I know Lloyd is a tubster - but he is Rymans league compared to Southall's Champions league form, in the scran department.

We could employ Southall in one of the catering vans - but he'd bloody eat it all by 2.30.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
From an Albion point of view this isn't good news. John Sullivan is at Hastings on work experience, and for a goalkeeper who's just played for England under-18s being there with a former keeper of Southall's, ahem, stature was a real plus.

I remember the Torquay game too, but mainly because it kickstarted our season, caused players to pull fingers out of where ever they'd left them and go on to win the title. The following game against Macc showed exactly what was to come.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Richie Morris said:
Much behind the scenes bitching has been going on at Pilot Fields for WEEKS.

Chairman in charge on saturday I believe.

The guy always wanted to be a manger, he used to run the mighty Punnetts town before he bought Hastings

Albion Rob

JSD Albion said:
From an Albion point of view this isn't good news. John Sullivan is at Hastings on work experience, and for a goalkeeper who's just played for England under-18s being there with a former keeper of Southall's, ahem, stature was a real plus.

I remember the Torquay game too, but mainly because it kickstarted our season, caused players to pull fingers out of where ever they'd left them and go on to win the title. The following game against Macc showed exactly what was to come.

I don't want to sound picky but that was the season before we won the title. The year we lost 1-0 at home to Torquay we had a pretty torrid winter but towards the end of the season we got it together and went on a great run.

I think the season you're thinking of we dicked Torquay 6-2 (Zamora got a hat trick) but that game really did kick start our season, as you say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here