Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never go back!

Is a return for Coppell ill advised because you should "Never go back" ?

• What? Coppell has managed us before, really?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
I go to the Emirates quite a lot as I have a mate that's a season ticket holder and it's only 7 minutes from my work. Great stadium, and see some great football, but the atmosphere is shit. It doesn't feel like going to football, it feels like going to the theatre.

which reminds me of this quote from Mr. Wenger at the weekend after spurs game - says it all.

"I threw my jacket down because I was frustrated. I couldn't communicate with the players because of the noise of the stadium - I am not used to that!"

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I go to the Emirates quite a lot as I have a mate that's a season ticket holder and it's only 7 minutes from my work. Great stadium, and see some great football, but the atmosphere is shit. It doesn't feel like going to football, it feels like going to the theatre.

Are you kidding? I go to the Emirates more than Withdean these days, it's bloody amazing :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Are you kidding? I go to the Emirates more than Withdean these days, it's bloody amazing :)

Amazing stadium but rubbish atmosphere and it feels like you're going to a final somewhere rather than a home ground. Souless.

I went to Chelsea the other week as well and left at half time because it was shit and I was surrounded by twats.

Maybe I'm just fed up with football in this country in general.

Vamos Cadiz.

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
i dont ever understand dont go back idea, what difference does it make? fair enough Adams didnt work out but that doesnt mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water. if your good enough it will work, look how different the club is now compared to then, we are near the bottom of league one when before we were on the top of it, but we have a big bucks chairman and a stadium soon

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
This is ridiculous. Everyone with a BRAIN knows that never go back is the correct answer. Just look at Everton with Howard Kendall, Norwich with Mick Walker, and Brighton with Mullery and Adams.

It is clear that you are all fools, and even clearer that the only person who has the coaching skills and knowledge of the club required to take us forward is Dean Wilkins (LOOKS GREAT WITH A TAN!) and he would still be here if he had not found Dick Knight (LIAR!!!!!) in a swimming pool BATHING in the money from the '83 cup final that he stole.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It was certainly something we all felt about Adams after a while, but it's easy in hindsight. So, before it happens - if it happens - does this apply to a potential return of Steve Coppell?

No, not in my opinion.

With Thicky Adams, you only had to look at the way his career had nose-dived after he left us! He was hated at Leicester.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You also neglected to say that Micky got promoted with Leicester.

:lolol:

How ironic you should bring that up after mentioning Commander and his favourite rant.

Just remind me Easy, how did Leicester manage to go straight back up, as I thought they were in massive financial difficulty at the time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coppell is the only manager we have had that has left here where his stock rose.

Steve Coppell leaves the Albion, gets Reading, bankrolled by Majedski promoted and then relegated, his stock RISES

Micky Adams leaves the Albion, gets Leicester, in £30million of debt promoted and then relegated, his stock FALLS

Mark McGhee leaves the Albion, gets a job in the Scottish Premier league, his stock FALLS

Brian Horton leaves the Albion, gets a job as an assistant manager with Hull and twelve months later they are in the Premiership for the first time in the club's history, his stock FALLS

Why don't I get it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here