Never complain about OVERCROWDING on the Brighton to Victoria line ever again

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
819317968490ddeb65860d137911742.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Bet they're travelling for free - not paying 5 grand a year for the priviledge !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bet they're travelling for free - not paying 5 grand a year for the priviledge !

If you're paying 5 grand then you're travelling first class and don't really suffer from over-crowding.

Those of us in cattle class pay just over £3,000 - still expensive but it's quite rare to stand from Brighton. I've been commuting for more than four years and only once had to stand on the way to London (and that was when I gave up my seat for a pregnant woman). One journey out of a thousand isn't too bad.

The Brighton - London line is over-priced and unreliable but it's not particularly over-crowded

D

Deleted User X18H

that is the 1803 London Bridge - Brighton the day very soon the arse finally falls out of The City!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those of us in cattle class pay just over £3,000 - still expensive

The Brighton - London line is over-priced

£3000 to travel for 365 days a year sounds pretty damned cheap to me - £8.20 per return per day. You probably don't use it every day, of course, but even accounting for weekends and 25 other days off a year - you're still only looking at £13.27 pre trip.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
£3000 to travel for 365 days a year sounds pretty damned cheap to me - £8.20 per return per day. You probably don't use it every day, of course, but even accounting for weekends and 25 other days off a year - you're still only looking at £13.27 pre trip.

It's actually £3,240 and I work from home one day a week, so it costs me about £17 a day.

I admit that it's not too bad, certainly compared with the £37 a standard return is, but, according to a Which survey, it's still more expensive than most countries in Europe.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
It's actually £3,240 and I work from home one day a week, so it costs me about £17 a day.

I admit that it's not too bad, certainly compared with the £37 a standard return is, but, according to a Which survey, it's still more expensive than most countries in Europe.

Mines a little higher than that. I don't have a problem with the cost as such due to the benefits of where I live.

What I would really like to see though is the ability to offset all or part of your season ticket against your salary pre-tax.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing

£2,874 if like me, you go somewhere via clapham.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Annual travel card with Brighton & Hove buses as well was £4,200. About £17.50 per day including bus from home to station, train from Brighton to London, tube to Tottenham Hale, bus or train to Northumberland Park. Not bad really.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That train in the picture is actually a First Crapital Connect as HB&B said.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you're paying 5 grand then you're travelling first class and don't really suffer from over-crowding.

Those of us in cattle class pay just over £3,000 - still expensive but it's quite rare to stand from Brighton. I've been commuting for more than four years and only once had to stand on the way to London (and that was when I gave up my seat for a pregnant woman). One journey out of a thousand isn't too bad.

The Brighton - London line is over-priced and unreliable but it's not particularly over-crowded

I admit the figure was too high– I was thinking back about 18 months. But any figures on here are nett so if you factor in tax the real cost is at least another 20% of your hard earned dosh.

The only thing about doing that dreary, depressing journey from Hove to Victoria on the 07.11 for 2 years (especially in winter) was I had one of those “there has to be more to life” moments and it helped me decide to move to the States.

I admire anyone doing that journey but I could never go back to doing it if I returned to the UK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here