Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never be that good again at Boro away (terraces)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Still buzzing for a quality day at p/boro!!

As a lot of people know i fecking LOVE terraces and saturday proved exactly why!! Big goal surges (one resulting in me being punched in the jaw!!!!!), crowd swaying and general "proper" football experience!!

Cant believe that stand is going to be converted to a f***ing all seated stand next year :( .... they have slowly ripped the heart out of the "viewing" game by removing terraces, now there's hardly any left of decent size to recreate we we used to love!! Certainly none in the chamionship now that Cardiff have moved, and maybe Brentofrd and Yeovil for us .....

What a f***ing day though!! :D

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton

As a lot of people know i fecking LOVE terraces and saturday proved exactly why!! Big goal surges (one resulting in me being punched in the jaw!!!!!), crowd swaying and general "proper" football experience!!

Cant believe that stand is going to be converted to a f***ing all seated stand next year :( .... they have slowly ripped the heart out of the "viewing" game by removing terraces, now there's hardly any left of decent size to recreate we we used to love!! Certainly none in the chamionship now that Cardiff have moved, and maybe Brentofrd and Yeovil for us .....

Absolutely! sitting at football is shite, you lose the whole feel for the game, nothing to do with safety in reality, all to do with having a number on your ticket, barcode on your forehead, there are always plenty of seats for those who disagree.:albion1::albion2::clap2::bounce:

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Can't see a league 1 game with us will be able to match Saturday's whole experience.

We tick every box; confidence, belief, flair even. Most importantly, we are playing with the type of togetherness and team-spirit that I feel Chelski had under Mourinho, and Clough achieved with his teams.

Poyet hasn't altered the team's personnel greatly since his arrival, he's instilled almighty f***ing confidence!

The fans' noise and wit just put the icing on the cake.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It's what partly made the whole day/game better.

The fact we knew it was the last chance we were going to have as Brighton fans on a proper terrace made it all a bit more emotional; with the over-riding emotion of course being pure unadultarted joy.

Happy days!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The biggest plus of terraces is you please everyone. I was in the seats as I brought my family with me and my smallest would have struggled to see from the terraces. So those that wanted to sit could sit and know that those that wanted to stand would be in the terraces. Perfect for everyone. If they could replicate this (as best they can) at Falmer by allowing maybe back half of blocks to stand (and state this as a tolerated standing area) I think we would have a great atmosphere.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
What pissed me off even more is counties like Germany etc still have terraces, f***ing HUGE terraces, with no incidents....

the Taylor Report was a massive knee jerk reaction to an awful event, and desperately needs to be addressed now.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
This is Dortmunds home end - 30,000 terrace.

unbelievale this is right now when we have famous stands like the Kop at Anfield now boring as hell....

bvb09_2.jpg

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The biggest plus of terraces is you please everyone. I was in the seats as I brought my family with me and my smallest would have struggled to see from the terraces. So those that wanted to sit could sit and know that those that wanted to stand would be in the terraces. Perfect for everyone. If they could replicate this (as best they can) at Falmer by allowing maybe back half of blocks to stand (and state this as a tolerated standing area) I think we would have a great atmosphere.

Indeed - everyones a winner!!

My problem with seats, even if allowed to stand infront of them, is when you score you normally go flying over a few sets and smash your shins to pieces in the process....or at least everyone near me does!!! :D

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Goal surges yes, but getting punched in the jaw being a good thing :facepalm:

Please never use this as a point to get terraces back. You DO have to account for children and while those around me were given instructions from parents to duck under the crash barrier and chill in the "safety zone" at the front incase a surge happens and they might get hurt its nevergoing to help if getting punched in the jaw is a good aspect to surges with small children. And as for the whole "sit them down then" maybe the dads want to take them to a terrace. Surges: yes, there are safety zones in front of the terrace where children can be safe from a surge. Getting punched in the jaw? No.

But thats just my opinion because I don't get why you'd wanna get punched in the jaw.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He obviously doesn't WANT to get punched in the jaw. He (and me and others) are just quite happy to take that kind of thing on the chin (literally), because it's a small price to pay for a better atmopshere.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Goal surges yes, but getting punched in the jaw being a good thing :facepalm:

Please never use this as a point to get terraces back. You DO have to account for children and while those around me were given instructions from parents to duck under the crash barrier and chill in the "safety zone" at the front incase a surge happens and they might get hurt its nevergoing to help if getting punched in the jaw is a good aspect to surges with small children. And as for the whole "sit them down then" maybe the dads want to take them to a terrace. Surges: yes, there are safety zones in front of the terrace where children can be safe from a surge. Getting punched in the jaw? No.

But thats just my opinion because I don't get why you'd wanna get punched in the jaw.

Blimey!!! i didn't WANT to get punched!!!! :facepalm:

Ok, i have 2 young kids so i understand your point on safety!! I personally would take my kids to the seats but if they wanted to experience terraces then you have ther "safe" areas as you say.

Me clocking one in the chops was my own fault - after the first goal we all went surging forward, i happend to take a big guy infront of me along for the ride - he'd just had a rib operation and decided once we returned to our normal places i should get a quick dig :thumbsup: .... no big deal, i was a tad too pissed to care at the time anyway and knew it wouldnt hurt til Sunday!!

So my point was not that u get punched during the celebrations, it was my over zealous approach to it!!!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Blimey!!! i didn't WANT to get punched!!!! :facepalm:

Ok, i have 2 young kids so i understand your point on safety!! I personally would take my kids to the seats but if they wanted to experience terraces then you have ther "safe" areas as you say.

Me clocking one in the chops was my own fault - after the first goal we all went surging forward, i happend to take a big guy infront of me along for the ride - he'd just had a rib operation and decided once we returned to our normal places i should get a quick dig :thumbsup: .... no big deal, i was a tad too pissed to care at the time anyway and knew it wouldnt hurt til Sunday!!

So my point was not that u get punched during the celebrations, it was my over zealous approach to it!!!

Oh. My bad! It read like you were over the moon to have been punched :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Absolutely; exactly what I was saying before - it's down hill from here :(

Unless we get them in the FA cup.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
One day i hope the FL will realise the game needs terraces bought back - it will take a big effort from the top flight teams to maybe get allowed to convert one end to terraces......would be amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here