Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neutrals drove 300 miles to see our stadium on Tuesday.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Before the Gillingham game on Tuesday I chatted with a guy outside. Four of them had left Torquay at12 oclock ,with a round trip of 300 miles ,just to experience our stadium. Hopefully they enjoyed the experience. Funnily enough Torquay played at Southampton that night, so they drove straight past it. Do you know of any other neutrals visiting us.?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There were Norwich and Liverpool shirts being worn in the North Stand.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There were Norwich and Liverpool shirts being worn in the North Stand.

I hope they were made to feel less than welcome?

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We'll see a fair number of neutral fans visiting the Theatre of Flair now word has got out how spectacular it is.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Know a Brighton person who follows Middlesbrough-why you ask? no family connection,no history,just followed from the Premiership days-went to The Gills match & was his first Brighton match since 2004 Play off final...i suppose this counts?

could be converted though if we reached the Premiership as he likes to follow top flight players-funny that people follow football in this way,but many do.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Know a Brighton person who follows Middlesbrough-why you ask? no family connection,no history,just followed from the Premiership days-went to The Gills match & was his first Brighton match since 2004 Play off final...i suppose this counts?

could be converted though if we reached the Premiership as he likes to follow top flight players-funny that people follow football in this way,but many do.

Plastics at work were asking about Sunderland tickets today. They are only interested if a Premiership team is involved. :facepalm:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Plastics at work were asking about Sunderland tickets today. They are only interested if a Premiership team is involved. :facepalm:

Madness --- I Find it amazing-how they only want to see the best players? fair enough,but i suppose for my Middlesbrough friend,this Sunderland game would represent a local derby/must see match? don't think he is going.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Brought my Brummie- suppoprting/Somerset-living and my Dutch (over on hols) grandkids. 645 miles round trip on the day!

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Spoke to a guy who had travelled up from Bristol to see the stadium and take in the match on tuesday. He was very impressed with the stadium and the atmosphere.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't forget a lot of these people are visiting here and Crawley to keep their 92 club trophy alive.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't mind "outsiders" visiting as long as it isn't at the expense of a "real" BHA fan getting a ticket.... Otherwise, the more the merrier I say!

I've been to see a few games that hasn't involved BHA.. Sometimes it's nice to be a neutral and just enjoy the game and atmosphere without nail chewing! I did miss the adrenalin rush though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't mind "outsiders" visiting as long as it isn't at the expense of a "real" BHA fan getting a ticket.... Otherwise, the more the merrier I say!

I've been to see a few games that hasn't involved BHA.. Sometimes it's nice to be a neutral and just enjoy the game and atmosphere without nail chewing! I did miss the adrenalin rush though.

Saw a couple of neutral games in London last season... you're right about the nails not getting bitten!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Saw a couple of neutral games in London last season... you're right about the nails not getting bitten!

It must be quite nice being based in London at times? You get a good choice of all levels of games to watch.. When we're not playing of course:wink:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here