Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neighbours

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
SO not interested.

And while we're talking soaps, Eastenders have f***ed up royally in my books by killing off Phil Daniels, who was the best thing to happen to Albert Square since Zoe Slater.

He's terrible! He cant act for toffee! His dying moment in that car was laughable, how Shirley kept a straight face I dont know!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the weakest link is SHITHOUSE:

BBC News:
Anne Robinson's quiz show The Weakest Link will replace Neighbours when the Australian soap opera is dropped from the BBC One schedule.

The change means children's shows, such as Blue Peter, will be shown at an earlier time in the afternoon.

The long-running soap will move to Five from 11 February after the BBC pulled out of bidding for the show last year.

The Weakest Link has been one of BBC Two's top series - and a hit around the world - since it first aired in 2000.

A BBC spokesman has insisted that the move would not affect its commitment to showing children's programming.

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
Does anyone watch these soaps??
There all shite, must be some very sad people about.
And I saw a programme the other day called
"Golden balls" what a load of cobblers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And I saw a programme the other day called
"Golden balls" what a load of cobblers

These quiz shows appear to have one function only: to provide a pension for faded 80s entertainers. Noel Edmonds did it with Deal Or No Deal, and now it seems the TV companies are falling over themselves to dig up lost former celebrities, a la Jasper Carrott on the aforementioned Goldenballs.

Who next? Mike Smith, Sarah Greene, Gordon Burns maybe? I'm sure Stan Boardman isn't up to much these days: surely there's still a place on modern TV for his hilarious Nazi get-ups?

Nick Owen's been in the headlines this week thanks to Luton Town's financial shenanigans, perhaps they could bring back the poor man's Question Of Sport, , the side-splitting blend of casual leisurewear and punchy humour that was Sporting Triangles.

Without Emlyn Hughes, obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here