Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neighbours

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Not the type next door to you that no one ever talks to any more, but the TV show......Was not on for 2 weeks over Christmas and now back on I think its lost its appeal and is shit.

Anyone else thinking of throwing in the towel for this programme......and Harold is leaving soon!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
home and away is far superior anyway

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The BBC have clearly lost all interest since Channel 5 got the rights, they have even taken the drastic step of moving it after Doctors. I was shocked to discover this when I was off work with the flu, the start of Doctors means time to turn off the TV and I wasn't going to wait another half an hour for Neighbours when I had DVDs to watch.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The BBC have clearly lost all interest since Channel 5 got the rights, they have even taken the drastic step of moving it after Doctors. I was shocked to discover this when I was off work with the flu, the start of Doctors means time to turn off the TV and I wasn't going to wait another half an hour for Neighbours when I had DVDs to watch.

This move is because once Neighbours goes they are not going to replace it and thus Doctors will take its place in the evening slot. They just want to get people used to it.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Yes agreed Pippa is very nice. Her face would look like a plasterers radio when I was finished with her.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This move is because once Neighbours goes they are not going to replace it and thus Doctors will take its place in the evening slot. They just want to get people used to it.

The trouble is Doctors is pants

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Utter pants. Not any babes or even a MILF in it.

It's like watching an amateur dramatics play, only worse!:nono:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Probably get more entertainment going down to your local doctor's surgery and sitting in the waiting room.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Doctors is pants. It was conceived as a medium for first time writers to cut their teeth. If you submit writing to the BBC as an unknown and they think you have talent, or you are an intern they test you out on Doctors. As a result it also recruits poor actors and newcomers to acting. Hence it is a pile of steaming horse shit. Some of the actors and writers go on to do good stuff and many decent drama writers started on Doctors but because they have to conform to a strict set of criteria for the show and will often be finishing off storylines that someone else started or vice versa, it becomes a bit of a shambles.

That is why it is not great.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Thanks, that is a well informed answer!

They seem to have ex soap actors/actresses appearing now and again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thanks, that is a well informed answer!

They seem to have ex soap actors/actresses appearing now and again.

You are welcome!

You do get some recognised face on there. It is usually on their way down the ladder of success though. However, paid work as an actor is very rare so you cannot knock it too much I suppose.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you're missing it that much, you could always watch Emmerdale, where the artist formerly known as Madge Bishop is currently strutting her stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll say 1 thing about annoying 'little Mickey', he certainly manages to ram his head into Jannia's breasts at every given opportunity.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's gotten progressively worse over the past few years and I don't blame the Beeb for letting it f*** off to Channel 5.

It's almost as bad as Hollyoaks now.

Once a staple of my daily life it has all but disappeared from my entertainment radar now.

SO not interested.

And while we're talking soaps, Eastenders have f***ed up royally in my books by killing off Phil Daniels, who was the best thing to happen to Albert Square since Zoe Slater.

Perhaps I should be more of a man and just give up on soaps altogether. Which would essentially end my TV viewing almost entirely being as there is f*** ALL worthy of my attention left on it these days.

BBC Three, 'nuff said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here