Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NEGATIVES from last night

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Agreed. The song is just f***ing shit. I felt embarrassed every time it was sung.

You're right actually. It would be much better if we never started any original chants about players and just sang "There's only one...." for every single member of the squad.

Pillock.

Zampanò

Jan 8, 2011
You're right actually. It would be much better if we never started any original chants about players and just sang "There's only one...." for every single member of the squad.

Pillock.

I don't have any objection to new songs, did I say that? The bennett song really is terrible. For a start it's not original as I think I'm right in saying that Man U fans started it (obviously about one of their players rather than Elliott). Secondly, even if we had created it, it would still sound f***ing terrible. Thirdly, you're a cock.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Had to get off the Victoria Line train at Green Park as they had been told not to stop at Victoria because there were too many people on the platform. How would there clear these people if no train stopped to take them away!!!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I don't have any objection to new songs, did I say that? The bennett song really is terrible. For a start it's not original as I think I'm right in saying that Man U fans started it (obviously about one of their players rather than Elliott). Secondly, even if we had created it, it would still sound f***ing terrible. Thirdly, you're a cock.

Awaiting your next song creation with great interest :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Had to get off the Victoria Line train at Green Park as they had been told not to stop at Victoria because there were too many people on the platform. How would there clear these people if no train stopped to take them away!!!!

We did warn you that Victoria was a bad idea .....

We did warn you that Victoria was a bad idea .....

indeed, information put to good use on way up, but (if this is the same incident) this was at, actually thinking about it now , Oxford Circus (not Green Park) we were packed on the tube like sardines and the driver announced 'due to overcrowding this train will not stop at Victoria' A few got off grumbling but those who stayed put enjoyed a not so crowded onward journey to Victoria (and made last bus home)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Victoria was fine for me going to and from the match

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

It's not the fact that you don't like that chant, it's the fact that NSC is constantly used to criticise any attempt to start any new chants after almost every single game, and it's pathetic. Firstly, chants that take off are usually the better ones, if you object so strongly to one that seems to be becoming more popular then the solution is to come up with, and sing, a better one. Secondly, whilst we sometimes have a loud away following, the range of songs that more than about 10 people will join in with is utterly shocking (I'd say about 3 or 4). It's pretty sad to see people coming on here and whingeing about attempts to establish new songs - I'm not saying the Elliot Bennett one is the best or most original chant ever sung, but if it's the choice between that (and a couple of others that people doubtless have and doubtless will slag off) and the same tired old "There's only one..." or "Do do do do, Nicky Forster" (or whoever), I know which I'd prefer by a million miles.

My insult was probably uncalled for if specifically directed at you, but it's more the folk on NSC who prefer to sit behind their keyboard nostagically remembering old chants and slating anything that is sung that is vaguely new that is becoming tiresome and counter-productive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do hate 'There's no one there'

Truly boring and dreadful.

This.

And anonther one I HATE (well its not exactly a chant as such), is when the opposition make a subsitution and the bloke on the tannoy announces the name of the player coming on, to a chorus of "WHO ?" (pronounced "OOO ?") from a few 'chortlesome' individuals in our crowd. Every single time.

Like the opposition would've heard of any of the superstars populating OUR bench when they come on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here