Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Needed 4 Brighton & Hove Albion fans needed for a pre Liverpool Interview.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
yo Dave_Rob. quick question for you... i know scousers tend to stick together, but are there some LFC fans who feel a bit ashamed about how the club handled this suarez thing. not trying to have a pop at anybody, i'm just wondering if perhaps there were some dissenting voices, who were perhaps drowned out a bit? thinking specifically of that t-shirt protest.

Dave_Rob7

Feb 13, 2012
I don't think so, with the t-shirts it was more of a show of support of a team-mate/friend, who they believed who was being portrayed as something that he wasn't, and the fans backed the team up as we will always do. but since Saturday I can see a small divide over things, which is unusual for Liverpool Football Club. Me personally im gonna stand by what Kenny Dalglish says. All we want to do is put this whole thing to bed and try get on with football, Like we are going to Wembley in 2 weeks time but everything that is happening seems to be over-shadowing that, hopefully we can get back to the football side of things

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
great thread ... good questions and well answered ...
anyone know how many brighton fans were at anfield in 1983 and what the crowd was in total ?
that was the highlight of my football following career and i cant get enough of hearing about it!

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
How has the season been shaping up so far?
Very good. We seem firmly established in the league and looking good for a possible top ten finish. Would be brilliant if we made the play-offs

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?
Day one I just wanted to remain in the division. Possibly we could exceed all expectations and get in the play-offs

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?
Gordon Greer is probably the classiest centre half in the Championship. Quietly efficient and rarely misses a tackle.

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our
clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you
disagreed with?
Too true, I remember beating you up at Anfield against all expectations in 1983. One of the great cup upsets and a piece of Brighton history. Didn't Phil Neal miss a penalty ?

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?
Jake Forster Caskey is very good for his age. Will Buckley and Craig Noone are both capable of exceptional things at times

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?
Probably a 4.5.1 line up to prevent an early goal with some good attacking options on the bench

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require
an explanation?
Nothing too original I'm afraid. We dont have the heritage of your Kop. SEA, SEA, Seasiders is about the best we can do !

Have you been happy with Brighton's run in the cup this year?
Any cup run is a bonus for clubs like us. For years we have never even made Round 3 so any tie against a Premier League club is like a cup final to us.

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?
Stevie Gerrard is the best player in England. Craig Bellamy is always a thorn in anybodies side and I would be fearful of him.

As it is well documented, how do you feel about Gus Poyet's comments
about Luis Suarez?
He should have kept his mouth shut. It was none of his business to get involved. Just because he is a fellow Uruguayan doesn't mean he has to but in.
Saurez is a class player but trouble follows him around. He was probably the most least liked player in Holland. That's why they were happy to get shot of him.
He's in danger of sullying Liverpool's name too, so I think Kenny needs to get him under control

Care to predict the score?
I'm very optimistic, believe it or not. We may not need a replay to win this one. Brace yourselves for another upset !!!!
It's gonna be 1 v 2

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Way beyond expectation. When the season started, I'd be happy to finish fourth bottom - to be in the middle of Feb and a point off the play-offs is quite an achievment from the players.

Defence - Liam Bridcutt is a quality holding midfield player - cost us nothing and IMO our best signing of the past few years, plus Gordon Greer, captain and CB

In attack - Buckley is playing well - but I fancy Southport old boy Craig Noone to start (and play well) on Sunday.

83 is the obvious one, but we also beat you the year later atthe Goldstone in the FA Cup. Gerry Ryan and Terry Connor if memory serves. Old boy Lawro torn apart!

I was also at Anfield to watch us get well beaten in the league cup - mid 80s ? - Fashanu played for us, and Anfield was pretty empty.

Lots of choice for Gus when it comes to the team for Sunday, with the exception of Full Backs - where both are recent (loan) signings are cup tied.

GOSBTS (Good Old Sussex By the Sea) - It will no doubt be sung far too fast. (and tends to end up a bit of a shambles, which is a shame as it's unique to us)

Of course we're happy with the Cup run - BUT beating Millwall tomorrow is more important IMO

Bellamy. Played well at our place. Sort of player you HATE when he plays against you (nut love when he's in your side)

Gus should have kept his mouth shut IMO.

2-0 to you lot.
You must be the only albion fan who expected a shite season as most would say mid-table,i was expecting about 10th:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here