Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Needed 4 Brighton & Hove Albion fans needed for a pre Liverpool Interview.

Dave_Rob7

Feb 13, 2012
I'm a Liverpool supporter and a member of the independent LFC fansite 'Redandwhitekop.com/forum' In the build-up to the match we run a feature called 'Spyin Kop' in which we ask an opposition fans site for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams.

As well as providing an alternative viewpoint on the upcoming match we hope to bring in some opposition fans for friendly banter and discussion pre and post game. It also gives us the chance to swop information about good pubs, bad burger vans etc.

I've put some questions below, if you or another supporter could answer them and email me back we'd be very grateful. If you can't spare the time but know someone who might be able to then please forward this message on to them.

Cheers and regards,

David Roberts

ps. When the article is complete I'd be happy to post a link and you'd be welcome to come along to the site and see the reaction. if you wanted to run a similar article we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about Anfield etc.

If you are interested in participating leave your name below and i will PM you the questions

Dave_Rob7

Feb 13, 2012
How has the season been shaping up so far?

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our
clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you
disagreed with?

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require
an explanation?

Have you been happy with Brighton's run in the cup this year?

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

As it is well documented, how do you feel about Gus Poyet's comments
about Luis Suarez?

Care to predict the score?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Being fair i think ryan harley is the one to look out for! Got fantastic work rate and all round brilliant, oh and very quick thinking

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Started off fantastically with a real buzz surrounding the club following our move to the AMEX, definitely a slump after when played Leeds, You and Crystal Palace in a short space of time; we didn’t win in 9 games. Now we have picked up fantastically, and look like we could sneak in the play-offs.

I expected us to be just to be outside the play-offs with such a feel good factor around the club.

At the moment Will Buckley has been on fire, and CMS on his day is a world-class player. Also Craig Noone – boyhood Liverpool fan who went to watch Chelsea away in the Carling cup this year. Also roofed Gerrard’s house when he played for Skelmensdale (sorry for sp.) and Southport.

disagreed with?
As I’m 18, I missed the glory days for you, but any Albion fan would point to our victory in 1983 and then again in 1984.

Jake Forster-Caskey, son of Nicky Forster, also Lewis Dunk, future England Centre Half IMHO.
I would hope for 4-4-2, solid and works with the way we play.

an explanation?
Good Old Sussex By the Sea, good because it’s ours and no-body else sing’s it. Dates back to troops leaving for the front in WWI.

Very happy. To beat Newcastle was a fantastic pleasant surprise.

Steven Gerrard – world class player. One of my England favourites.

about Luis Suarez?
Shouldn’t have got involved, came across with the wrong message.

2-1 to you. We will equalise.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

disagreed with?

an explanation?

about Luis Suarez?

Way beyond expectation. When the season started, I'd be happy to finish fourth bottom - to be in the middle of Feb and a point off the play-offs is quite an achievment from the players.

Defence - Liam Bridcutt is a quality holding midfield player - cost us nothing and IMO our best signing of the past few years, plus Gordon Greer, captain and CB

In attack - Buckley is playing well - but I fancy Southport old boy Craig Noone to start (and play well) on Sunday.

83 is the obvious one, but we also beat you the year later atthe Goldstone in the FA Cup. Gerry Ryan and Terry Connor if memory serves. Old boy Lawro torn apart!

I was also at Anfield to watch us get well beaten in the league cup - mid 80s ? - Fashanu played for us, and Anfield was pretty empty.

Lots of choice for Gus when it comes to the team for Sunday, with the exception of Full Backs - where both are recent (loan) signings are cup tied.

GOSBTS (Good Old Sussex By the Sea) - It will no doubt be sung far too fast. (and tends to end up a bit of a shambles, which is a shame as it's unique to us)

Of course we're happy with the Cup run - BUT beating Millwall tomorrow is more important IMO

Bellamy. Played well at our place. Sort of player you HATE when he plays against you (nut love when he's in your side)

Gus should have kept his mouth shut IMO.

2-0 to you lot.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Brunswick
Falmer
Perseus
Hove born and bred.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Brunswick
Falmer
Perseus
Hove born and bred.

No Ernest?

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham

Really well. People made so much of our amazing start and awful form since but we’ve actually been pretty solid since. If you’d ask me before the start of the season to be one point off the playoffs in February I’d have bitten your hand off.

Consolidation. They haven’t changed since the start of the season and we’re currently playing above my expectation.

Liam Bridcutt. When he plays well the team plays well and vice versa.

disagreed with?

The Carling Cup game earlier this season was our first chance to see Vicente in action. My favourite moment of the game was Vicente mugging off Carragher for our penalty!

Lewis Dunk, our young centre back linked with Spurs and Everton during the January transfer window, is a fantastic prospect.

As strong as possible. Our loanee fullbacks are cup tied so the back 4 are sure to be Calderon, Dunk, Greer and El-Abd, with Brezovan in goal. Going forward, we will probably play Bridcutt, Navarro, Buckley, Barnes, and two out of CMS, Sam Vokes, Lua Lua, and Craig Noone.

an explanation?

A couple weeks ago at Palace we sang, to the tune of “You’ll never walk alone”, “Groupon, Groupon, Buy One, Get One Free! And you’ll never fill your ground, you’ll never fill your ground!” This was after it was found that Groupon were flogging tickets to Palace matches, which the majority of Brighton fans found quite amusing.

Definitely. Beating Newcastle at home and having the chance to go to Anfield has made it a great cup run, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Steven Gerrard.

about Luis Suarez?

I was disappointed he felt the need to get involved, particularly when he wouldn’t have had access to all the information. The events that have occurred since then show he was quite naive in doing so. However, I’m a massive fan of Poyet, and I’m sure he’ll learn from this as he has the makings of a top manager.

Care to predict the score

Tough to call. I’d love to say that I think we can get a result but I think home advantage will be the overriding factor. I reckon it’ll be the same as in the Carling Cup earlier this season, 2-1 Liverpool.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Goal this season was to be competitive. We were a bit porous at the back to begin with which we got away with for a while before a bit of a poor run but we've sharpened up and should be in the hunt for the playoffs even if we don't make them.

I deliberately had none. We could finish bottom of the league and have gone out of every cup 1st round and I'd still be happy because we have a stadium.

Liam Bridcutt, the Makelele of the championship.

disagreed with?

Only 7 in 83, but faintly recall a fat liverpool supporting kid at my school being even angrier than usual.

Jake Forster-Caskey has broken through since we last met, doesn't look out of place at this level and could well step up.

Do your research - we only play one way!

an explanation?

Good Old Sussex by the Sea will be much in evidence (works better for cup games)
Hopefully not too many renditions of our songs about how much we hate Crystal Palace.

We've put out one Premiership team in each cup so far so yes!

Craig Bellamy. Fast, skilful and as big a wind up merchant as El-Abd (you'll see)

about Luis Suarez?

One of the great things about Gus is he'll say what he thinks about almost anything. I won't and it's probably best that everyone just shuts up about the whole thing now.

1-1 I'd fancy an upset more if we hadn't played you already.

Dave_Rob7

Feb 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I really hope you enjoy your day up in Liverpool, it has the makings of a great cup tie, can't wait for it

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Thank you for your comments, I really hope you enjoy your day up in Liverpool, it has the makings of a great cup tie, can't wait for it

Yes, should be good, just hope we don't concede early - three questions of my own please

(1) Will Anfield be full? We're hardly the biggest draw.
(2) Should and will Suarez play?
(3) Will Suarez be sold in the summer?

Dave_Rob7

Feb 13, 2012
The finished article is up on Red And White Kop Forum, i cant put up links but if you google it you'll find it
once again Thank You
You'll Never Walk Alone

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Beginning was fantastic, unfortunately we had a very bad spell after we played you guys in the Carling Cup, we didn't win in 9 games. This current year, we're undefeated. Only drawing to Wrexham in the 3rd round, and to Crystal Palace. Everyone else, we've beaten. 3-0 against Southampton and 2-0 against Bristol City in the opening weeks of the season. We've done exceptionally well.
I expected a mid-table finish. But at the moment, we're on the boundary for play-offs. But the teams that occupy the current places are doing very well themselves. I expect to finish 7th this season, which is awesome.
The entire team. They all have their part to play in the games. No victory is truly won by a single player.

disagreed with? I worked as a steward the day the previous time we met in September, unfortunately you won. I don't have any memories before that, however.

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about? Buckley, Dunk, Forster-Caskey and Grant Hall.

Most definitely our strongest side, we've got players with flair. But I won't mention them, you'll have to watch yourself. We've got a cosy team that plays off each other exceptionally well. Even a couple of players with screamers you wouldn't expect.
an explanation?
Good Old Sussex by the Sea is unique to us. Being the largest team in Sussex, but historically it's about soldiers heading off to the trenches of the frontlines in WW1.

Yes, especially when we beat NUFC after them putting out their strongest squad available due to the African Cup of Nations. Pardew, what's the score?
Oh, you've got some very talented and world-class players. Gerrard is the obvious one; Bellamy is one too; despite his knees, the bloke can sure as hell play football. Suarez is the other obvious one, he's an extroadinary player. But of course, the entire squad itself is not one to be under-estimated, they wouldn't be playing in England's 2nd most decorated club if they weren't good enough.

about Luis Suarez?
I wish he stayed out of it. This isn't our fight, and we shouldn't stick our noses in. I for one won't make any chants in reference to the "racism" situation, I want to watch football, not have a bitching throw-fest about players...
A lose to the Reds is one not to be ashamed of if we lose marginally. I want a draw, so we can bring you back to our place, however I'd be happy with a 2-1 lose to you. I can't wait to experience a loud, passionate home and away side. Good luck to you!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Shaping up nicely. After we got beat by Coventry away on New Years eve, I wasn’t alone in looking down the table to see how many points we were off relegation. Our unbeaten 2012 has surpassed all expectations.

Day 1 I’d happily of accepted consolidation, now I’m thinking of Play offs. After years of being toilet, It has been hard to adjust the expectation level accordingly.

Liam Bridcutt will be our most important player on Sunday. As a defensive midfielder he will go unnoticed but he may end up having to keep Stevie ‘Twat the DJ’ Gerrard quiet

Most (older) people will refer back to 1983/4 games but my biggest memories are the 91 FA cup game. After a 2-2 draw at your place from 2-0 down (including Johnny Crumplin marking John Barnes, which is like expecting Lucas to keep Gerrard quiet ), we were leading 2-1 in extra time. I think Steve Mcmahon scored the winner and Ian Rush scored from nowhere to equalise. I was absolutely gutted at the time. We then went onto the Play off final that season, narrowly missed out and then went down the following season. It got much worse from there though …

He isn’t young but Vicente Rodriguez is one to watch. UEFA cup winner, 2 X Spanish League winner and arguably had his best season at Valencia under a certain Rafael Benitez. He has been serially injured for us but then, he wouldn’t be at Brighton if he was fighting fit. I’d put money on him starting.

We will probably play one up front (which in theory becomes 3 in attack), 2 holding midfielders. I doubt you will see any team at Anfield with their centre backs so far apart when we are in possession.

We tend to sing the YMCA, anything by Boy George and some Wham numbers. If we win, we might nosh each other off in the bogs.

The Cup run has been great although I can’t remember a thing about the Newcastle game. That’s the problem with 17.00 Kick offs. Too long in the pub and a 16:30 start doesn’t bode well either . The less said about the Wrexham replay in the 3rd round the better. I’ve had dentist appointments that have gone quicker.

People may think I am taking the piss but Stuart Downing. As a flat track bully, I can see him having the type of game where he makes mincemeat of our full backs especially if Taricco plays

I’m thoroughly bored of the whole Suarez saga. If it never got mentioned ever again I would be happy, however, in Suarez’s defence, Patrice Evra is a tosser of the highest order. I hope Gus keeps his mouth shut as does everyone else on this thoroughly tedious issue.

2-1 Liverpool. Suarez to score first.

Dave_Rob7

Feb 13, 2012
Yes, should be good, just hope we don't concede early - three questions of my own please

There was 44,000 at the Oldham game in the 3rd round, it seems to be full for every game so id imagine so

Should he - Yes he needs game time, and I know he did something stupid on Saturday but the best way he can repay the club is scoring goals
Will He - I don't know, Kenny Dalglish seemed very disappointed that he let him and the club down.

No, If he just gets on with his football this Media shit storm will calm down, and i think he has a let more to offer to Liverpool Football Club

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
How has the season been shaping up so far??

Been a dream come true. Firstly, we finally get a place we can call "home"! Secondly, we get Craig Mackail-Smith and several fantastic players (including one who was not too long ago linked with Real Madrid). It's been a steady push for survival but now play-offs are not that much of an impossibility. A fantastic run in the league cup (ended by yourselves and do here's to you lot winning)

Gus said we have the 17th best budget in the Championship. So anything from their or upwards is an achievement. But we seem to really get the overall positive side of this wacky league. Has it changed?! Definitely, now with play-offs in our sights I wouldn't mind us competing for that too.

William Buckley and Liam Bridcutt. Buckley has definitely scored some incredible and crucial goals (double against Donny and late winners against Leicester and Newcastle especially). Bridcutt has really set the tempo of our game and has really controlled the middle of the park with some wonderful passing and fulfilling the defensive role of his job.

disagreed with?

I'm only 18 so can't mention '83 :thumbsup:, but I managed to watch you guys at the AMEX earlier on in the season and was a terrific cup game. Really magical. On the train to Falmer I was in a coach full of scousers singing YNWA, brilliant atmosphere and were given out some great banter and talked all things football.

Lewis Dunk; Jake Forster-Caskey and Torbjorn Agdestein.
Dunk has managed to step up to the plate after the long-term injuries of regulars Adam El-Abd and Tommy Elphick. With Adam El-Abd reaching full fitness last month Dunk has still featured in the starting XI and after just turning 20, he shows massive promise. I'll be shocked if he doesn't feature in the England squad within 3 years.
JFC is 17 years-old and had the pleasure of playing against him a few seasons back. This out-and-out midfielder has played for England on several levels and has also captained the U17 squad despite being much younger. Scored on full debut against Saints and will definitely be a Premiership football in the near future.
Toby is a Scandanavian striker singed on summer deadline day last season for just £2K. After a season and a half in the Development squad he has impressed Gus and has earnt him a few senior appearances and has been sensational. If he loses the ball, he doesn't give up, he goes to win it back. He set up Buckleys winner against Posh and claimed it as a "dream come true".

----------Brezovan---------------
Calderon---Greer---Dunk---El-Abd
-------------Bridcutt-------------
------Sparrow-------Navarro-----
Lua-Lua----------------Buckley--
----------Mackail-Smith----------

Subs:
Ankegren (GK)
Hall
JFC
Agdestein
Barnes
Vicente
Noone

an explanation?

Good Old Sussex By The Sea - our "anthem"

Over the moon and look forward to this game too. Better than Stoke away :Facepalm:

Craig Bellamy. That guy has masses of energy

about Luis Suarez?

He defended him during the World Cup and defending him now. They're friends and he is looking out for him. Gus is right that the english cultural is very different to that at over in Uruguay, Spain, Italy or Holland. Gus is being Gus. Many of us love him for that.

I predict a 2-2 thriller with plenty of action and a 2-0 win to you guys in the replay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here