Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nebosh qualification anybody?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I have applied for a job that put you through the training course.

Anybody got the course under there belt...and how did you find it?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
no1 then?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Its not

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The National Examination Board in occupational safety and health.

Its for all employment sectors..so to pursue a career in health and safety advisory positions

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ahhhh - I seeeee...

Can't say it'd interest me - most contact I've had with health and safety types have annoyed the heck out of me...Sorry!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
tedebear said:
Ahhhh - I seeeee...

Can't say it'd interest me - most contact I've had with health and safety types have annoyed the heck out of me...Sorry!

They're generally about as useful as Human Resources aren't they

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Voroshilov said:

Hear Hear! HR here is a disgrace, the HR assistant tells every fucker if you have any juicy personal stuff!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Voroshilov said:
You do get some ok ones. I had an H&S course a couple of weeks ago which I thought was going to be crap, but actually turned out to be quite interesting. It was more about the cause and costs of accidents and looking at real life scenarios where people have injured themselves, rather than telling you to lift with a straight back and not to pour any fluids onto your computer.

HR on the other hand are always useless. It's no coincidence that HR people always seem to be women.

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
I've done (and passed..!) the course.

If (like me) you do it straight through all day every day over 2 weeks followed by the exams, its very very intense and needs additional revision in the evening as you don't get much chance to revisit old ground.

You can also do it on night/day release over several weeks which is easier to take in but obviously takes a lot longer.

Good luck

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not done it myself but my employer offered to send me on it. I turned it down because I have no interest in it and was only offered in my role of Chairperson of the Union.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Voroshilov said:
Shouldn't you d that in the accounts dept?

Not where I worked - banking bonuses are supposed to be too secret to trust with anyone other than HR finance....Never stopped me going " f***ing bloody Nora - look how much he's been paid!!" often times out loud! :blush: :lol:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Cadman said:
I've done (and passed..!) the course.

If (like me) you do it straight through all day every day over 2 weeks followed by the exams, its very very intense and needs additional revision in the evening as you don't get much chance to revisit old ground.

You can also do it on night/day release over several weeks which is easier to take in but obviously takes a lot longer.

Good luck

thanks for your help.

I need it to get into health and safety on the railway,so it could be the deal breaker for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here