Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"nd Palace Embargo

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
FYI.

Just seen on Gash Barmys thread. not pinching someone elses scoop.

Palace slapped with another transfer embargo
Thu, 17 Sep 10:51:33 2009

Buzz Up!
Crystal Palace have been hit by a transfer embargo for the second time this season.

Boss Neil Warnock will not be able to strengthen his squad with loan signings after the Football League put another block on the club making transfers.

The original embargo was put in place in a dispute over bonuses owed to former players and was lifted on August 24.

The latest sanction is reportedly over money still owed to Ipswich from the purchase of striker Alan Lee last summer.

Warnock told the South London Press: I'm aware of the situation and we will get around it.

"I'm sure it will be lifted in the next couple of weeks and it's just a case of getting on with it - but I'm still very positive."

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
FYI.

Buzz Up!
Crystal Palace have been hit by a transfer embargo for the second time this season.

Boss Neil Warnock will not be able to strengthen his squad with loan signings after the Football League put another block on the club making transfers.

The original embargo was put in place in a dispute over bonuses owed to former players and was lifted on August 24.

The latest sanction is reportedly over money still owed to Ipswich from the purchase of striker Alan Lee last summer.

Warnock told the South London Press: I'm aware of the situation and we will get around it.

"I'm sure it will be lifted in the next couple of weeks and it's just a case of getting on with it - but I'm still very positive."

Poo City, Selhurst Park. Perhaps they should try to get sponsorship from Skint.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
FYI.

Buzz Up!

Bang goes our chance of signing Ronaldinho then. Not as if we are going to be chasing for anyone. TBO I am getting worried about our future.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bang goes our chance of signing Ronaldinho then. Not as if we are going to be chasing for anyone. TBO I am getting worried about our future.

Is it really starting to look that bad CB?

In all seriousness I hope things sort themselves out, wouldn't want to see Palace in admin/out of business.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

In all seriousness I hope things sort themselves out, wouldn't want to see Palace in admin/out of business.

Hmm, perhaps Jordon will flog Selhurst and then Palarse can play at Withdean when we move out.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

Palace 0 Scunnie 4 tells you the story. There is bad feeling setting in between the fans and the club now I feel. We only had 12,900 there on Saturday and it was only £1 for kids which used to attract a few more on the day.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

How Neil, its an embargo.

I suppose you could get players in and disguise them as one of your existing squad, or alternatively, Orange Wednesdays could pay his bloody bills.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Palace 0 Scunnie 4 tells you the story. There is bad feeling setting in between the fans and the club now I feel. We only had 12,900 there on Saturday and it was only £1 for kids which used to attract a few more on the day.

The club is between a rock and a hard place at the minute because Jordan wants out but he wants to recoup what he has laid out and there is not a hope in hell a buyer is going to pay anywhere near that for Palace in the current climate. Perversely the best thing for Palace as a club is to go into administration because then potential buyers (and apparently there are a couple who are very interested) could get the club at a much cheaper price. However if Jordan does that then he will be probably wiped out financially as he is guarantor on the loans the club has. The club is treading water and things need to be resolved asap but i just can't see it happening unless things get so bad Jordan has no choice but to bite the bullet and bring in the administrators.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like you could ill afford the -10 points though, the way things are going.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I predicted at the start of the season Palace will go down this year. I'm not into petty insults about them, it's all a bit childish really, but on a football level I just think they haven't brought in any quality for ages now and seem to lose anyone half decent they have had. Plymouth, Swansea and Palace to go down I reckon.

I think its too early to talk about relegation in all fairness mate, the squad isn't that bad if you look at it, Sears, Moses, Clyne, Fonte, Ambrose, Carle, Scannell etc but things off the field do affect what goes on the field at times, players do read the papers etc so they know what's going on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here