Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NCP parking charges in Worthing Multi-Storeys ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Since NCP have introduced the £2.90 minimum charge at the Guildbourne Multi-Storey I have not ventured in to town with my charabang.

Have NCP introduced this minimum charge in the Grafton and Bowling Alley carparks too ? I don't want to fall for this rip off and would rather pay to park on-street than pay these crooks.:censored:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Since NCP have introduced the £2.90 minimum charge at the Guildbourne Multi-Storey I have not ventured in to town with my charabang.

Have NCP introduced this minimum charge in the Grafton and Bowling Alley carparks too ? I don't want to fall for this rip off and would rather pay to park on-street than pay these crooks.:censored:

park round the back of Iceland for FREE (upto 1 hour) :thumbsup:

Mar 13, 2008
They really expect people to use these?? Credit crunch and all thart.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Not as bad as 80p for every 15 minutes at the NCP round the back of the Brighton Centre, which they kindly tell you about when you're already halfway up the ramp, ready for a day's Xmas shopping. No wonder they were queueing round the block to get into Churchill Square. Every time I went into a shop I was mentally adding 80p to the price. .... :censored:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not as bad as 80p for every 15 minutes at the NCP round the back of the Brighton Centre, which they kindly tell you about when you're already halfway up the ramp, ready for a day's Xmas shopping. No wonder they were queueing round the block to get into Churchill Square. Every time I went into a shop I was mentally adding 80p to the price. .... :censored:

i do NOT believe a woman spends just 15mins in one shop before moving onto the next :p

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Being a well organised chap I would go in to town on a specific purchasing trip which would take a half an hour at most.... being a bloke we just go and buy what we want and don't fuff about wandering aimlessly. I didn't mind paying 80p for 25 minutes or so but my last trip in to pay a cheque in took 11 minutes according to the display on the payment machine when I got back.

So I think £2.90 for 11 'kin minutes is an unwanted record..:down:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife`s company had their xmas meal at the Windsor house hotel on saturday and the main room is made up of tables from different companies who all join together for the fun, frivolities and a disco afterwards.
One table did not have a card on indicating where they were from and it wasn`t till late we found out they were from NCP.
Maybe best really.

Mansfield DC has the right idea...

" Shoppers are flocking to Mansfield town centre to take advantage of Mansfield District Council's free parking giveaway according to the latest footfall figures.

Electronic pedestrian counters in the town centre showed an 8.25% increase in people visiting Mansfield town centre last week (24-30 November), when compared to the same week last year.

What's more, the figures also show that Mansfield attracted nearly 3% more shoppers than the average for the 'portfolio family' of UK towns and cities it measures against. Towns in Mansfield's 'portfolio family' are Bridgend, Doncaster, Nottingham, Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Wakefield.

Springboard, the company which monitors footfall in Mansfield, measures visitor numbers at more than 50 towns, cities and shopping centres across the UK. Their report also shows that Mansfield is 2.75% up on the average for all the locations it monitors.

Mansfield District Council has introduced free parking periods in all its car parks as part of credit crunch busting measures to help local families and support businesses over the Christmas period.

It is free to park in council car parks on Wednesdays and Thursdays (10am onwards) and from 3pm on all other days. The free periods are in place until 6am the following morning, also making them ideal for evening visitors to late-night shopping, the theatre or pubs and clubs.

People taking advantage of the free parking offer are reminded that they must still display a valid ticket from the machine in their car during the free parking periods and that they should check signage in the car parks for full details.

The Council provides around 2,400 parking spaces in 12 town centre car parks, with tariffs normally ranging from 60p to £1 per hour.

It's estimated that introducing free parking will cost the Council around £124,000 in lost income, with the shortfall being met from its reserves. The free parking periods are in place until 11th January next year.

Executive Mayor Tony Egginton said: "I am delighted that there has been such a sharp increase in the numbers of Christmas shoppers so far, despite many towns and cities struggling to even match last year.

"As we see in the media on a daily basis, the global economic downturn is seriously affecting families and businesses. I am glad that by introducing free parking periods the Council has been able to ease the burden at the time of year it is needed the most.

"Our prudent financial management during the better times has enabled us to boost our reserves so that we can introduce this scheme to help people and businesses when they need it the most. I am delighted people are paying us back by coming to Mansfield and doing their shopping this Christmas. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here