Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor tweet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the same way that Naylor would have to go if his Tweet Wasincorrect, I do think he deserves a bit of credit here for breaking this story.

I wonder who his source is, Poyet, Poyet's agent, someone at the club?

My guess is someone at the club. After all, they have not commented throughout this episode, so now it's just a non story, and the club don't even have to make any comment at all.

Aren't they all at the Mullery dinner tonight?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Most of us who wanted Gus to stay (including me) can sleep well tonight. But I feel it's only temporary relief as I can only see more threads about Gus leaving over the summer to the point when he does actually leave. Sooner or later but most probably sooner it will happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus - you have made the right choice. Reading have downward momentum. Ours is upward. Brighton is your project, and a fantastic one at that. Thank you for staying to, I'm sure, bring it to a successful conclusion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Most of us who wanted Gus to stay (including me) can sleep well tonight. But I feel it's only temporary relief as I can only see more threads about Gus leaving over the summer to the point when he does actually leave. Sooner or later but most probably sooner it will happen.

But at least it won't be with 8 games of the season left.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
****ing ridiculous post.

Why is this ridiculous? For our own good I think we should look at other options, we probably do that all the time anyway.
We must have ideas on who we'd target if Gus did leave, all I'm saying is let's go talk to those people and see if they are any better than what we've got, especially now we know Gus considered leaving us in the lurch at this critical time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He will go at sometime, we know that, but the timing of this debacle was truly awful, following on from the ecstatic joys of Sunday and with only 8 games left in the season.
Thank goodness we have another 8 days until the next match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why is this ridiculous? For our own good I think we should look at other options, we probably do that all the time anyway.
We must have ideas on who we'd target if Gus did leave, all I'm saying is let's go talk to those people and see if they are any better than what we've got, especially now we know Gus considered leaving us in the lurch at this critical time.

Glad Tony isn't as childish and needy of affection as many on here. Of course Gus can LISTEN to an offer.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Still think TB should look for a replacement. So he's staying, but for how long?
The fact he'd talk to Reading at such a critical time in our season tells us everything we need to know about his character.
TB needs to find his replacement and soon, get shot of him before he puts us in this position again - I want to get off the Bus.

Seriously? :facepalm:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Glad Tony isn't as childish and needy of affection as many on here. Of course Gus can LISTEN to an offer.

Fair enough, do you know TB personally then?
Surely if its OK for Gus to talk to suitors then it's OK for TB to talk to potential replacements? That's all I'm saying pal.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
In the same way that Naylor would have to go if his Tweet Wasincorrect, I do think he deserves a bit of credit here for breaking this story.

I wonder who his source is, Poyet, Poyet's agent, someone at the club?

My guess is someone at the club. After all, they have not commented throughout this episode, so now it's just a non story, and the club don't even have to make any comment at all.

:wave:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Still think TB should look for a replacement. So he's staying, but for how long?
The fact he'd talk to Reading at such a critical time in our season tells us everything we need to know about his character.
TB needs to find his replacement and soon, get shot of him before he puts us in this position again - I want to get off the Bus.

Where, in all the guff that's gone before, has it been stated that Gus wanted to talk to Reading? My reading (excuse the pun) of it, is that Reading asked for permission to speak to Gus and that's as far as it's gone.
So please enlighten us on the events that you're describing. Or, as it seems, that this all pure assumption on your part and nothing factual.

Oh and by the way what position are we in?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see Brian Owen has been credited with the headline on The Argus site.

Isn't Naylor abroad too at the moment.

He's on a break but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's away. It's quite possible that he was at the dinner tonight when he tweeted the news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here