Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Under Slade he was blatantly unfit and it was a travesty that he kept Dicker out of the team. Poyet is improving his fitness which means he might have something to contribute and a midfielder who can break up attacks and give the easy ball is useful.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
except poyet obviously rates him so thats unlikely to happen, the manager thinks he is the best we have

I wouldn't think that Poyet rates him particularly - except that he is the best available to do a certain job - and that is to reinforce in that part of the field, a major problem area that has cost us so dearly this season and last.

I don't think that we need a winger - it's clear that McNulty will give us the width we need. Poyet's proirity will be to get a fairly defensively minded left sided midfielder to set McNulty free to do what he does best. Only then will the 'goals against' stats start to improve.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Now watched the colchester goals three times and cannot see anyone turning their back on the goal. Also thought there was a real attempt by two players to stop the first goal.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Sully. Look at the second goal. Then look at Navarro. He is skinned easier than I have seen for a long time, and almost seems to have to balance himself from falling over! Very, very poor. And he admitted it afterwards.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes I see that but I'd like to know what the hell was he was doing there...wasn't he forced to play out of position while El Abd was off the pitch? Can hardly blame him..... no left foot and never played left back.

If we are going to criticise him for this then we really are looking to have a go at him

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Yes I see that but I'd like to know what the hell was he was doing there...wasn't he forced to play out of position while El Abd was off the pitch? Can hardly blame him..... no left foot and never played left back.

If we are going to criticise him for this then we really are looking to have a go at him

Wasn't Navaroo on the overlap anyway? In which case he would have been doing that job regardless of who was playing at left back. I may well be wrong here! Even so, he was skinned very easily for that goal.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sully. Look at the second goal. Then look at Navarro. He is skinned easier than I have seen for a long time, and almost seems to have to balance himself from falling over! Very, very poor. And he admitted it afterwards.

That was pure schoolboy defending. The first thing you teach little kids is not to turn your back like that, absolutly shocking behaviour from a pro :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Talk about scapegoating - a central midfielder got done by a winger, happens every f***ing week and you don't hear people pointing blame like that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The midfield looks a bit wonky when we play Navarro, Dicker and Croft. I'd be happy with Crofts and Dicker in the centre, Bennett on one flank and AN Other winger on the other flank.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would RATHER El Abd in that position than that USELESS lump of scouse, and as for his PATHETIC pefomance against Colchester and Charlton where he got brushed off the ball as soon as someone breathed on him and his powder puff challenges...leads me to say this:

Alan if you are reading this please PM me. I will personally drive you up to Liverpool on the condition that you NEVER EVER EVER disgrace the stripes again.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He played 15 minutes against Southampton at a time when we were defending a slim lead against arguably one of the best teams in the division - one that had not tasted defeat in eight league games, let alone defeat at home. He came on and did exactly as Poyet would have wanted and that was to close down the opposition and break up any attacks they made. What happened? We scored another goal and ran out 3-1 winners. He did his job. Just because he isn't running box to box, creating goalscoring opportunities or knocking the leather into the old onion bag, he is considered by some to be a shit player. FFS somebody has to do the dirty stuff, the dogged harrassing of the opposition without actually getting the ball. He does it and in my humble opinion, he does it bloody well.

.....and breathe
You must be seeing things that I'm not because even when Navarro does get close to players they simply breeze past him, he gets outmuscled and/or outpaced with ease, and he never actually tackles. He is a horrible player.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
He is a hinderance to have him. he slows up play and rarely wins the ball which must be his job. playing without a left mid is ridiculous and its no wonder we conceded that second goal with no left back or left mid on the pitch. we should remove navarro from the 11 and play mcnulty left mid as el abd doesnt deserve to lose his spot being our best player this season

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What effort and dedication it must take to get over a bad injury, work for a new contract and then impress the boss to give you a chance.

Has played really well and is a great resourse to the club, keep going NAV great to see you back in the squad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You must be seeing things that I'm not because even when Navarro does get close to players they simply breeze past him, he gets outmuscled and/or outpaced with ease, and he never actually tackles. He is a horrible player.
*chuckle*

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I would RATHER El Abd in that position than that USELESS lump of scouse, and as for his PATHETIC pefomance against Colchester and Charlton where he got brushed off the ball as soon as someone breathed on him and his powder puff challenges...leads me to say this:

Alan if you are reading this please PM me. I will personally drive you up to Liverpool on the condition that you NEVER EVER EVER disgrace the stripes again.

Whoopsy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here