Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro Returns To First Team Training - But Will He Get A Place?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Nice to see!

but is he good enough to make the first team? can he force his way back in?

at the start of the season I personally thought he looked one of our best players, but now Bridcutt is playing very well!

any thoughts?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bridcutt will need a rest for maybe a couple of games this month and the same next month just to keep fresh. I would envisage Kish replacing him initially but Navs taking on the mantle later on so fully expect him to get 2 or 3 starts and probably more off the bench before the end of the season. Whether it will be enough to get him a new contract may depend on who we plan to sign in the summer but wouldn't be surprised if he got a 12 month extension on his current deal.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think he'll be starting a game anytime soon with Bricutt and Kish ahead of him, but will feature on the bench and will make a few 30min appearances for the rest of the season, unless Bridcutt gets injured of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Once all fit I would rotate all 3 defensive mids, occasionally playing 2 of them when the game suits it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Trouble is Navarro is likely to pick up a small knock when he gets back playing again so could face another few weeks on the sidelines. I wouldn't bank on him playing a big part this season unfortunately

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Trouble is Navarro is likely to pick up a small knock when he gets back playing again so could face another few weeks on the sidelines. I wouldn't bank on him playing a big part this season unfortunately
its a shame because i really like the guy, and think he could play a big part in next season when we need 2 slightly more defensive players, i think he is a great distributor of the ball

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the midfield play as they did against Orient away and the way it sounded like that played at MK Dons he'll be in sooner rather than later

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
If the midfield play as they did against Orient away and the way it sounded like that played at MK Dons he'll be in sooner rather than later

i agree with this, he would definitely steady the ship and with Kish only getting older, I could see him becoming more of a coach to the others

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

Disagree. Dicker and Bridcutt have been forming a very promising partnership which has included many decent performance, with Bridcutt in particular outstanding. Given their similarity of play, and taking into account Bridcutt's form, I'd say Navarro featuring regularly from now until the end of the season is unlikely barring injuries.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Disagree. Dicker and Bridcutt have been forming a very promising partnership which has included many decent performance, with Bridcutt in particular outstanding. Given their similarity of play, and taking into account Bridcutt's form, I'd say Navarro featuring regularly from now until the end of the season is unlikely barring injuries.

but do you not think his good defensive play and the distribution will help when going to big away games rather than Dickers more attackive style of play, especially when he goes with the 3 upfront?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3993447 said:
Shaun why would anyone "Go down Falmer Road to see the Brighton aces" ? Have you tried walking down that long winding b-road? That's a deathwish. Change it to going down the A27 or I'll beat your bottom.

you get pride of place buddy :lol:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
so tempted to quote that in my sig as well, but to prevent making you look like a complete pedo i will leave it :)

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Most of the replies on this thread assume we are going to continue with three strikers, if we put an extra player in midfield then Navarro would be at least on the bench regularly.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3993472 said:
Yeah, cos that'd be a first.

haha i was gonna say tbh, would it really make a difference?

i want to know how many sigs you appear in, we need a thread dedicated to your perverted comments stickied, PETITION TIME!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here