Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro or Smith.

Took a great interest in watching both this afternoon. Navarro always looks busy but never runs with the ball just being content with getting rid of the ball
asap. Smith takes players on and brings others into the game. If I'm not mistaken was it not Smith that set up Hoskins for his goal? For me Smith is the better option.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Smith changed the game at St. Mary's. When Gus made the subs bringing on him and Murray, Smith changed the tempo and allowed us to play more like our normal selves. It's a shame he got injured as I reckon he could have played a bigger role for us later on in the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Different players. Navarro is a defensive midfielder similar to Bridcutt. Smith is more of an attacking player.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Completely different players as stated above. Navarro sits in front of the back for and Smith plays of the 2 top men when he can.

Both good at what they do, but silly to compare

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I'd Sooner watch attacking flowing football. I think the fact that Navarro looks busy, without really getting involved, makes people rate him. Can't remember the last time I saw his get stuck in to a tackle.

Nav is the sort of player that gets the ball of defenders then brings other attacking payers into the game, alot of teams have a player like him, he links up the play. Just cos he doesnt take players on doesnt mean he is not doing a job!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I rate them both but as previously said, they are very different. I hope Jamie Smith makes the breakthrough this year, he has a real touch of quality and reads the game very well.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ditch Nav for me. He's a great lad and great in L1 but injury cost him his back-up place in Champ in my opinion. Much rather have Forster-Caskey step up to the bench and league cup team to maybe partner Smith in those nothing games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Navarro was the best player on the field in the first half and everything that we did went through him whilest not taking on players he made all the passes to start us attacking.

I think Jamie Smith is a nothing player who tries things but doent have the skill to complete the move.

Both were playing to impress and possibly get a contract albeit until Christmas possibly and of the two I would say that Navarro pushed his case best. I dont think that Gus will give either a season contract though at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Strange question, might as well ask "Ankergren or Hoskins?"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Strange question, might as well ask "Ankergren or Hoskins?"

Indeed.

Navarro is a FAR better player than a lot of people give him credit for. He was our best player against Villa in that cup game, by miles. Only ever does simple things, but does them well.

But he does no step-overs, and doesn't wear White boots, so will never be rated by some.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Absolutely no comparison. They play in completely different parts of the pitch and there never has been or ever will be a choice between them.

Navarro or Bridcutt might be a legitimate question, or Smith or Sparrow, but never Navarro or Smith.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Smith changed the game at St. Mary's. When Gus made the subs bringing on him and Murray, Smith changed the tempo and allowed us to play more like our normal selves. It's a shame he got injured as I reckon he could have played a bigger role for us later on in the season.

This

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Navarro or Bridcutt might be a legitimate question, or Smith or Sparrow, but never Navarro or Smith.

If they were the options it would be Bridcutt and Sparrow by a long margin. I do wonder if Navarro will take the place of Kishishev as a an option to bring on if needed to steady the ship.

With our forward options and talk of another central attacking midfielder expected to sign before going to Portugal I cannot see a future for Smith with us. In passing the latest on that rumours site is that Kieron Dyer is in talks with the club about joining us, was a good player 5 years ago and out of our league, now not sure that he is a viable option.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Are we talking about the same Smith?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here