Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League June 2022

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Once upon a time, a summer with football was confined to the World Cup, Euro Championships were much smaller affairs. It was a special thing, but now it seems 'competitions' run along every year.

The powers that be seem to want to saturate us with pointless, meaningless matches that few people are into. I hope the advertisers catch on to this as the viewing figures must surely have bombed this summer.

The exception being pizza advertisers They will be all over it.

boik

He's led us to a WC semi and a Euro final and restored faith in our national team, our best manager since Sir Alf and after a 1-0 defeat our first in competitive games for 2+ years and he's being called 'scum'?? I despair.

Bear in mind that was a from a bloke who overreacts to every minor setback. Each time Albion went a goal down he ranted "game over" and then disappeared when we came back to win.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The football authorities have so much to answer for. There was a film They Shoot Horses, Don’t They about the last dancing pair surviving a marathon dance competition. What we, or some of us, saw last night was the entirely expected result of a marathon season for most of those players. You can’t expect, no matter how much you pay them, human beings to maintain a level of physical and mental fitness 24/7. All this is doing is reducing the quality of football for next season and so on. Something needs to be prioritised is this football malarkey whereby players get sufficient rest and our expectations of them reduced. What Liverpool have tried to achieve this season is just ridiculous, with their targets and type of play at odds with the health of their squad. England last night reflected what is all bad about the game, and I’m not talking about the kicking a ball about bit.
But they have prioritized - it's money everything in modern football is driven by [emoji389].

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Double Post as NSC doing weird things again.

So it isn't just me. I'm not going to call Bozza again as I had to call him yesterday about something else, and sometimes the 'Hermiony Grainger with her hand in the air' isn't a great look.

As for England, Soutgate has been the most effective manager since Ramsey. Yes, we have won nothing, but we have been close. He is certainly not a liar, cheat, fiend or Johnson.

However....why play five at the back against Hungary? Three at the back. Grealish on from the start. Soaking up Hungary's attacks and hitting them on the break with a wild hoof upfield was pure Bumley. And even Abraham isn't a big lump in the box so the tactic is useless. Gallacher, Foden?

No ManU players should be in the squad right now - they are ****ed in the head at the moment. Slabbers? FFS!

And no, not Dunk. Webster, perhaps, but the Dunk horse has bolted.

And no, not Phillips. I agree that Hungary are probably on a par with Barnsley*, but no, not a Leeds player. Leeds are dogshit.

So, yes, Southgate's judgement can be questioned. As for his excuses about the weather - come off it.

*Those of you who are paying attention may have seen what I did there ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bear in mind that was a from a bloke who overreacts to every minor setback. Each time Albion went a goal down he ranted "game over" and then disappeared when we came back to win.

I can't believe you and other are attempting to referee a football disagreement involving [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. What are you thinking? ??? :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harry Wilson's tackle;10281742. As for England said:
How would you feel about a job swap? GP for Southgate?

The ONLY plus that I can come up with is that I’d do a Swansman and follow him to become the England fan I used to be :lolol:

Chances are I’d be more negative about the Albion than Solid At The Back if waistcoat man was our manager :down:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once upon a time, a summer with football was confined to the World Cup, Euro Championships were much smaller affairs. It was a special thing, but now it seems 'competitions' run along every year.

The powers that be seem to want to saturate us with pointless, meaningless matches that few people are into. I hope the advertisers catch on to this as the viewing figures must surely have bombed this summer.

I’m torn. On the one hand I think this tournament is a complete waste of time but on the other, like the League Cup, the bigger nations don’t take it seriously so others have a chance to win something; England could lift a trophy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Germany v England on Tuesday.
England v Italy on Saturday.
England v Hungary on Tuesday after that.

Plenty to put in the diary so you aren't caught out again.

FOUR matches. Blimey.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Norways penalty yesterday:

https://streamja.com/oezKl

Ref Anthony Taylor, VAR Stuart Atwell...

At least this ensures that opposition against VAR will remain strong over here and the members of the clubs won't allow their clubs to vote for introduction. But still, to quote a Swedish journo... what the hell were they smoking in the VAR room?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

At least this ensures that opposition against VAR will remain strong over here and the members of the clubs won't allow their clubs to vote for introduction. But still, to quote a Swedish journo... what the hell were they smoking in the VAR room?
If that's a penalty there will be about 10/20 every game.disgraceful decision Mr Anthony Taylor

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

English ref's failing to use VAR correctly.
Quelle surprise.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Watching Wales v Holland on S4C (channel 166 on Virgin) but very confused by the Welsh commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here