Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League: England V Iceland

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Quite amusing that Grealish didn’t get selected all that time, looks shoulders above most of our midfielders as a ball carrier and player.

This could be a rout, Iceland look utterly dire. England smashing small teams whilst losing to anyone good, Groundhog Day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like an angry England team with ants in their pants v Iceland's reserve team.

Could be like listening to TMS if they get it right.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maguire skinning people and threading passes through 5153687F-3989-400D-A037-B9A44F1C7801.gif

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Tyler trying to make it sound exciting with the occasional 'AND IT'S LIVE' commentary volumes.

About time he moved on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Out of interest why is the three letter name in the score field ISL and not ICL........

We are playing Iceland not Israel

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone else think it looks like the Chelsea Pensioners sitting either side of the players tunnel?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Football has lost its soul when the ‘system’ keeps a talent like Grealish out of the national team. Lamptey would not look out of place on this pitch too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Football has lost its soul when the ‘system’ keeps a talent like Grealish out of the national team. Lamptey would not look out of place on this pitch too.

I was just thinking how much Saka reminds me of Lamptey at LWB, could be the future of the England team.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Yeah, I'm struggling to muster up any enthusiasm for football at the moment. I haven't watched anything since the Burnley match. I really couldn't give a s*** about the Nations League or international friendlies and I'm not even sure I'll watch the Villa match on Saturday as I'll probably be going out for a long run instead.

Likewise. In 50 years of watching the game I have never felt such lack of interest as now. Maybe it’s the Covid affect but mostly I put it down to other factors such as the absurdity of VAR, fixtures all over the place, general greed in the game and teams that are just a mish mash of average overseas players. Call me an old fossil but I just can’t relate to it anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here