Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National team's away following, who has the best?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It has to be England, especially at tournaments.

Others with superb away support are Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic and Japan.

Countries with crap support relative to how good they are/have been are Spain, France and Italy. Brazil are all plastics.

Scotland would probably be in with a shout - if only they could qualify.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Others with superb away support are Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic and Japan.

Countries with crap support relative to how good they are/have been are Spain, France and Italy. Brazil are all plastics.

Agree with all of this - esp the bit about Scotland!!!

I used to follow England everywhere, stopping only when family came along. I loved it and was always amazed at how many England fans there would be in some far flung part of the world! It's changed now too, lots of 'packages' etc, in my day it was make your own way there, and worry about getting a ticket when you got there. One of my friends who went to Mexico in 86 stayed afterwards, married a Mexican girl and is still there!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ghana. Was present at Craven Cottage a few weeks back to witness their friendly vs Brazil, and they were.. unbelievable. Their celebrating a corner was equivalent to most fans celebrating a goal.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Bit unfair on Brazil as most recent tournaments have been nowhere near South America and I don't think it's the wealthiest population to travel across the world

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, tournaments just aren't the same without a load of buckfast swilling alky's wearing russ abbott style tartan hat/ ginger wig combos.

greavsiepic-892905449.jpg

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Croatia for me.

Had the pleasure of being in with the Croatia fans at Euro 2008 - very, very loud all the way through and very keen on letting off flares and fireworks in the stands. Simply brilliant.

As for the worst, French fans were pretty poor when seeing them against England in the past (people I know who were across the channel for their own World Cup and said that little atmosphere was generated by les bleus then too), whereas I thought Austrians in Vienna almost seemed a bit shy and embarrassed about hosting the aforementioned Euro 2008 competition.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit unfair on Brazil as most recent tournaments have been nowhere near South America and I don't think it's the wealthiest population to travel across the world

True, but there are massive numbers of Brazilians spread across Europe and the rest of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here