Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National blood week.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I listened to a group of American students on the tube yesterday discussing this. They seemd to only discuss it in terms of 'like, selling my blood' as a way to help them fund their lifestyle, in addition, they had numerous excuses as to why they didn't "like, sell" their blood, such as "my veins must be like, too thin 'cos like, I can't even see them when I look at my arm like". I guess the attitude that their blood is something to sell shows a sad difference between our 2 cultures.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Well I did have a quick look hence my comment about 3-28 days but didn't read the whole website and FAQs. Did look like the nearest centre is either Tooting or Southampton and the fact that it can take upto 2 hours will probably put most people off. Surprised that Brighton is included. Credit to EP for what he has done so far though. I'm giving blood next week so might discuss it then.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Im a regular doner - always give a great feeling of satisfaction of giving and doing something good once in a while

I was kebabed 25 times, got my badge.

Unfortunately they had trouble finding my veins in my arm sometimes, it could get a bit hairy when a novice nurse started digging about. So i called it quits at 25. Don't regret it though, I actually usually felt better after giving blood, reduced my blood pressure.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I was kebabed 25 times, got my badge.

Unfortunately they had trouble finding my veins in my arm sometimes, it could get a bit hairy when a novice nurse started digging about. So i called it quits at 25. Don't regret it though, I actually usually felt better after giving blood, reduced my blood pressure.

From time to time they have had trouble getting a steady flow from me,so i asked as to why and i was told the more you give along with any other reasons for 'giving blood' such as a medical etc the veins in your arms when the close leave a small amount of scar tissue inside the vein thus causing a slight donation flow problem. Don't know if that is correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here