Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National blood week.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
June 13th-19th. So few give blood,but the NHS needs it day after day to save lives and that could be yours or someone in your family. So please visit the National Blood service site,sign-up and give blood. Thanks. :wave:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Should be compulsory unless you are medically unfit to donate or actively part of a religion that forbids it (in which case you wouldn't receive it either so that's fair enough). To many lazy cowards who rely on others but when they might need it themselves won't think twice. Same with organ donation.

Unfortunately, I shall be missing Blood week as my next donation is on the 23rd. No bunting whilst I'm pumping out the red stuff then!!!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As a recipient of 3pts just this Monday I couldn't agree more.
The demand for blood, platelets etc is unbelievably high in areas such as cancer treatment so get off your arses everyone, there is really no excuse.

Summed it well. Thank-you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You can give platelets more regularly than whole blood too, I've done 262 pints and counting, and I'm shit scared of needles.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Should be compulsory unless you are medically unfit to donate or actively part of a religion that forbids it (in which case you wouldn't receive it either so that's fair enough). To many lazy cowards who rely on others but when they might need it themselves won't think twice.

Good point, well made.

There really should be no excuse for any fit, healthy person not to donate

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
June 13th-19th. So few give blood,but the NHS needs it day after day to save lives and that could be yours or someone in your family. So please visit the National Blood service site,sign-up and give blood. Thanks. :wave:

As someone who has received many blood transfusions over the last year, please listen to Leekbrookgull and if you can spare a little time...donate !

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As someone who has received many blood transfusions over the last year, please listen to Leekbrookgull and if you can spare a little time...donate !

Thank-You. Jimbo and it is the best thing i have ever done. 51 'pints' now i wear the Badge with pride.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Us Brits living in the States are generally not eligible to be blood donors. I only found this out when our office in New York had a blood drive and we were informed that under American Red Cross rules anyone who has spent at least 3 months in the UK from 1980 to 1996 is not allowed to donate blood because of Mad Cow disease. I would guess that must rule out a large proportion of the Brits who live in the US. Seems like overkill when most other places will let you donate.

Us Brits living in the States are generally not eligible to be blood donors. I only found this out when our office in New York had a blood drive and we were informed that under American Red Cross rules anyone who has spent at least 3 months in the UK from 1980 to 1996 is not allowed to donate blood because of Mad Cow disease. I would guess that must rule out a large proportion of the Brits who live in the US. Seems like overkill when most other places will let you donate.

In the UK, you cannot donate if you've had a blood transfusion since 1980, presumably for much the same reason (ie CJD). Hence, someone needs to step up and take my place.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
As a recipient of 3pts just this Monday I couldn't agree more.
The demand for blood, platelets etc is unbelievably high in areas such as cancer treatment so get off your arses everyone, there is really no excuse.

This.
I cant do it unforunatly i cant at the moment due to chemo juice.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
please give blood, it is five and a half years since our little girl died, it would have been her eighth birthday next week. one day it might be your child or your loved one that needs a donation, you never know. before anastasia was sick giving blood was something i did rarely but now i wouldn't miss a session.

give blood

platelet donation

bone marrow

tissue donation

it really can make such a difference. anastasia didn't live long enough but she only lived for as long as she did because of the blood, platelets and marrow that was donated to her by complete strangers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here