Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nathan tyson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no real basis for this, it's just a feeling based on what I've seen of him live and on the telly, but I don't think Ricky Lambert will continue to score goals in the quantity he has for the last couple of years. He never did that much until two seasons back, isn't that young, isn't mobile, doesn't have much in the way of natural skill. He's had a great purple patch I admit, but I don't see him as a genuine class act who will continue banging them in for the next three or four years.

Yeah Yeah but you'd change your tune and LOVE it if we signed him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Another quality signing for Southampton, surely even Pardew cant f*** things up with that squad. Its a shame, as someone like Tyson would have been absolutely perfect here. Interesting actually, an article earlier said Gus had missed out in the past couple of days on a couple of targets, maybe we were after Tyson?
Winning the league is not much of an achievement with all the money they've spent, a good season for them would be walking it by 10-15 points.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
why cant we spend money like that

Because possibly we dont have those funds to spend? Bloom is paying for a stadium after all. Or perhaps because we want to do it the sensible way and build slowly, instead of spunking money about and getting into shit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I have no real basis for this, it's just a feeling based on what I've seen of him live and on the telly, but I don't think Ricky Lambert will continue to score goals in the quantity he has for the last couple of years. He never did that much until two seasons back, isn't that young, isn't mobile, doesn't have much in the way of natural skill. He's had a great purple patch I admit, but I don't see him as a genuine class act who will continue banging them in for the next three or four years.

Spot on, he is a flat track bully. I think he will always score goals at league 1 and 2 level but not good enough for the top two divisions. I still think £1 million was a lot for him. To me, Barnard is the better player.

Tyson is a very good signing for them aswell. I don't think they anticipate playing Connolly very often

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
As was mentioned earlier, who's to say that we weren't in for him but he chose to go to Southampton instead?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The reason why he scores so much is because he takes the free kicks and penalties:glare:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reason why he scores so much is because he takes the free kicks and penalties:glare:

And scores from them. He may not be a Premiership or even championship player but he is a good player/goalscorer in Div 1 and unless nobody has noticed we are in Div 1 at the moment. So yes he would be an improvement on what we have at the moment to play alongside Murray, although I would prefer Barnard as I said many times when he was in Spurs Reserves.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't help but feel we may be better off with our tighter squad. They will do well of course they will, but they're going to be under huge Leeds like pressure to perform and if they start badly it will be interesting.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not sure if it's just paper talk but what do you reckon of this boys and girls???

Saints are being linked with a move to bring Darius Vassell to the club to partner Rickie Lambert in attack.

Vassell is a free agent having been released by Turkish club Ankaragucu, where he scored only four goals in 24 matches.

But in England he is a household name and is still just 30 after successful spells at Aston Villa and Manchester City that made him a regular in the national side between 2002 and 2004.

Saints boss Alan Pardew last week admitted he was still searching for new blood in attack as his League 1 title favourites continue their preparations for the season ahead.

Vassell, capped 22 times by England, scoring six goals in that time, can play through the middle or out wider as he did at Manchester City before leaving Eastlands last summer.

Vassell said: “I have been addressing my license and registration issues so I can officially be free to sign for a new club - which hopefully will be at the end of this week.

“It's not been until now, the third week into July, that I have been able to begin to make discussions and contact with potential new clubs.

“The highest possible standard is always an ideal for most players but playing for a club with ambition and the vision to achieve something within the timeframe of any contract I may potentially sign would be great in terms of achieving something that my family can be proud of.

“Making good use of my hunger to get back into action is paramount. My strengths are about pace, power and penetration in the final third and I have hired a personal trainer to keep in trim, but for the time being I will need to assess the options available and make a decision based on those.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here