Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can't work the bloke out:

Old Boy Jones Hopes To Do Albion A Favour (from The Argus)</title>

Nathan Jones has vowed to play his part in keeping Albion's promotion dream alive.

The former Seagull is desperate to maintain his old club's slim hopes of snatching a play-off spot by helping Yeovil beat Leeds on Friday night.

Albion are four points adrift of Leeds with two matches left ahead of Saturday's trip to Bristol Rovers. Their outside chance of catching the Yorkshiremen will be over if Leeds triumph at Huish Park but Jones will be trying to make sure that does not happen.
advertisement

The Welshman, a member of Albion's play-off final winning team four years ago, said: "If there is any way I can do Brighton a favour then I definitely will.

"I'll be looking to play well for myself and Yeovil but it does give it that extra edge.

"I have got a lot of good friends down there, people like Dean Wilkins and Adam El-Abd.

"I have got a massive affinity with the club and, believe me, I will be doing everything I can."

Jones returned from a seven-week absence with a broken arm as a late substitute in Yeovil's 2-1 win at champions Swansea on Saturday.

That result guaranteed safety for last season's defeated play-off finalists and Jones believes Yeovil, the only side to have beaten Albion twice this season, are capable of upsetting Leeds to throw the play-off duel wide open.

Jones said: "We have rallied now, got the points we need to survive, and we tend to play better against the big teams.

"We are looking first and foremost to get the points for ourselves but there definitely is a chance."

Nicky Forster, Albion's skipper and 19-goal top scorer, is back in training after missing the last two matches with a knee ligament injury.

Forster's former Ipswich team-mate, Matt Richards, could also be in contention. Saturday's 2-1 home win against Hartlepool came too soon for the on-loan left-back following his recovery from a hamstring tear.

This is the SAME Nathan Jones that left the pitch in December goading the Albion fans and celebrating passionately in front of them? He might have affinity with the club, but with the supporters? Not after that. :nono:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I really cant believe i just read that. I dont get it, one minute hes an albion 'legend' apparently and our fans are given him a good clap, and then hes doing over the top celebrations right infront of us, and NOW hes saying he wants to HELP us! Hes an absolute mad bald Welsh idiot.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Don't believe a word of it. A non story if ever their was one. Notice he suggested an affinity with the club, not the fans.

After the way he reacted at Yeovil he can go and do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here