Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones...Why not?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Both Garcia and Hyypia saw enough in him to keep him on. NJ as manager with Calde as his number two would be just the ticket to take us to Champions League football and beyond, especially if we shift out some of the dead wood on the playing side and have a good transfer window.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Greg Halford spoke about him in glowing terms before the game, said he was one of the most passionate people he had worked with

Very true, but it sounded like Jones has made a real impact with the players when listening to the interview. He certainly seems to be doing things his own way.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Both Garcia and Hyypia saw enough in him to keep him on. NJ as manager with Calde as his number two would be just the ticket to take us to Champions League football and beyond, especially if we shift out some of the dead wood on the playing side and have a good transfer window.

That's the spirit, make mine a double! G&T obviously!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Worth a shout with an old experienced No 2 perhaps but definitely not Calderon.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Slowly leaning to Jones after Friday and if we win tonight, lets give him another few games before a decision is made.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The trouble with Jones, if it all goes wrong in a few weeks, everyone will be blaming Tony for going for the cheap option and by that time the damage will be done, if not already.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

He himself mentioned Calderon to help him last week but needed him on the pitch.

As a janitor said could be.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The trouble with Jones, if it all goes wrong in a few weeks, everyone will be blaming Tony for going for the cheap option and by that time the damage will be done, if not already.
wtf are you talking about this now??????

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Massive credit to the OP for posting this thread when they did - That takes nsc BALLS says I. Win, lose or draw brave and who knows? perchance, visionary.

Kosh

Reece182

May 18, 2011
Massive credit to the OP for posting this thread when they did - That takes nsc BALLS says I. Win, lose or draw brave and who knows? perchance, visionary.

Kosh

Visionary I say! Wasn't everyone inexperienced and unproven at some point?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Impressed with his team choice and substitutions; kept it simple and played players in their right positions. Its can be a simple game sometimes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I had a nibble at 20/1

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Visionary I say! Wasn't everyone inexperienced and unproven at some point?

Indeed - These chances seldom come along, I guess many doubted the credentials of the cheshire cat at Bournemouth and now the cat's well and truly got the cream.

Kosh

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I get the feeling NJ might well have what it takes but do we take that chance the position we are in? Chuffed he's seemingly got 4 points as I type. He deserves a lot of credit.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
wtf are you talking about this now??????

Still stand by what I said, we changed the midfield tonight and we won. Did he change it because he wanted to or because Gardner and JFC were both ill. Still inexperienced and a big risk, oh yes great if it pays off,but what happens if you give him the job and we lose the next 2?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here