Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones - Luton

D

Deleted member 2719

Okay, as I got all 3 of those wrong, I guess you are just bouncing Nathan Jones threads to put you/him in the forefront for Graham Potter's replacement then!!!

No not at all.

Potter is the man, and I back him.

I just think Nathans doing a great job and Luton are punching above their weight.

It would be nice to see him get to the top, albeit with Luton, who I don't particularly favour.

Didn't he do a swallow dive at the Withdean???

Does anyone remember that?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
If Luton do the unthinkable and somehow come up, where will they groundshare next season?

Vicarage Road
stadium:MK

Any other possibilities

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is it unthinkable? They're third.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

5th smallest budget.

We all know teams are only able to finish the season in accordance with their budget.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Please don't anyone seriously suggest Nathan f*cking Jones for next through the Albion revolving managerial door. NJ is as mediocre as the current mediocre guy and all his little elves

I don't understand why we've not gone for that Croatian bloke. You know, the one who has never won anything as a manager, the one who's been sacked from all his appointments within 2 years.

Oh...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't understand why we've not gone for that Croatian bloke. You know, the one who has never won anything as a manager, the one who's been sacked from all his appointments within 2 years.

Oh...

Need to be sacked at least five times before you reach THPP levels of greatness.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Very impressive, great work in his two spells at Luton, operating on ‘buttons’.

Competing against parachute money clubs and others bankrolled by the mega rich.

Builds team spirit, oozes passion. Remember him signing from Southend, their player of the season. Knew we were going up with that sort of quality signing alongside others. Good old Skippy, could we see him back one day? Undefeated as Albion manager too!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Builds team spirit, oozes passion. Remember him signing from Southend, their player of the season. Knew we were going up with that sort of quality signing alongside others. Good old Skippy, could we see him back one day? Undefeated as Albion manager too!
No objection from me if Bloom thinks so. Impressive season from them. Him or Steve Cooper. First time I'm really starting to doubt Potter with the lineups substitutions last few games

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No objection from me if Bloom thinks so. Impressive season from them. Him or Steve Cooper. First time I'm really starting to doubt Potter with the lineups substitutions last few games

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Why’s Steve Cooper any different from Potter ? Will be interesting to see how he does end of this season - but 2 failed play offs in a row isn’t great endorsement

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why’s Steve Cooper any different from Potter ? Will be interesting to see how he does end of this season - but 2 failed play offs in a row isn’t great endorsement

I'm no fan of Steve Cooper... while he'll get the chance in the PL at some point I think he might end up in the "great in the Championship, wont work in the PL" category with his style of football.

But it needs to be said that it was a good achievement getting Swansea to the playoffs twice and not surprising that they lost against the stronger team (Brentford) both times.

As for next manager there is some interesting names out there. Mazzu, obviously. Kjetil Knutsen. Thomas Letsch. Will be a rough day when GP leaves but I'm still going to be very curious about the next move.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm no fan of Steve Cooper... while he'll get the chance in the PL at some point I think he might end up in the "great in the Championship, wont work in the PL" category with his style of football.

But it needs to be said that it was a good achievement getting Swansea to the playoffs twice and not surprising that they lost against the stronger team (Brentford) both times.

Perhaps but neither game they turned up. And nothing makes me think that the ‘experiment’ would be any different than Potter and only reinforces our recruitment policy doesn’t meet our ambitions

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Okay, as I got all 3 of those wrong, I guess you are just bouncing Nathan Jones threads to put you/him in the forefront for Graham Potter's replacement then!!!

I'm struggling to think of any manager more un Graham Potter like than ermmm . . . Nathan Jones.

The same applies to his methods and his footballing philosophy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please don't anyone seriously suggest Nathan f*cking Jones for next through the Albion revolving managerial door. NJ is as mediocre as the current mediocre guy and all his little elves

Make your mind up. You don’t like mediocre but you don’t like passion either.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Personally I'd take a mediocre manager who prioritises winning games over plaudits for pretty football that is actually largely dull as ****

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here