Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nasty looking incident at Preston Park Station

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Reports of a 'one under' Train stopped halfway down platform burning smell in the air though could be the brakes not nice.

Long delays expected southbound.

Took the boy down for his train half hour though not for long.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Tell me about it, Stuck at Brighton for an hour!!

D

Deleted User X18H

The BT Police seemed to have trouble locating anyone under the train though.And they were letting all the passengers off the train. It was not supposed to stop at Preston Park

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
All I know is that my tea is getting cold on the table!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Unfortunately yes!! :rant:

D

Deleted User X18H

Not a fatality apparently. Just a person on the track. Line to reopen soon.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It's open again now

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from the the argus

Brighton rail chaos after person hit by train at Preston Park
5:22pm Monday 2nd August 2010

Print Email Share Comments(0)

Rail services are disrupted this rush hour because a person has been hit by a train between Brighton and Preston Park.

There are delays of about 45 minutes to First Capital Connect services between Brighton and Bedford.

Tickets are being accepted on Southern services.

A message on the First Capital Connect website says: "A person has been hit by a train at Preston Park.

"Because of this, trains between Haywards Heath and Brighton are being delayed by up to 45 minutes.

"These delays are expected to continue until approximately 7.30pm.

"Southern trains will be diverted via Lewes. First Capital Connect customers may use Southern services from Brighton."

I was on the train. Stopped fairly suddenly, and announcement that train had been involved in an 'incident' and electricity would switched off. As we at PP station they said we could get off or wait until train ready to go again; which could be sometime. 2 police cars with sirens blaring turned up as I got off the train.

Hope the person is ok, but never hopeful in thses circumstances. I always get stuck between the 'selfish person' rant and the thoughts for the persons family.

D

Deleted User X18H

I was on the train. Stopped fairly suddenly, and announcement that train had been involved in an 'incident' and electricity would switched off. As we at PP station they said we could get off or wait until train ready to go again; which could be sometime. 2 police cars with sirens blaring turned up as I got off the train.

Hope the person is ok, but never hopeful in thses circumstances. I always get stuck between the 'selfish person' rant and the thoughts for the persons family.

Was it Hove bound?

Cafu

Mar 5, 2009
Vida com Sr. Flor
I after fell in the tracks the arrival accidentally but now I am in Coventry and am in the negotiations with the bus becoming in the club!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reports of a 'one under' Train stopped halfway down platform burning smell in the air though could be the brakes not nice.

Long delays expected southbound.

Took the boy down for his train half hour though not for long.

Did the burning smell resemble pork , the result of electrical burns to someone making contact with the live rail ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here