Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nasal hair

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What is truly amazing is the length of some of these buggers. I pulled one out the other day and I swear it was 2cm long. Who did it possible grow that quick??

one of the many curses of old age......

That's nothing, I had what seemed like a short piece of rope hanging out of my hooter one morning
Was so impressed with it that took it into work to show the workmates and scare the girls

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Great feeling when you get hold of one and pull out and the root comes with it.... I get a real buzz from that... Am I bad?

It doesn't hurt when you get used to it.. My Mrs finds it hilarious.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Great feeling when you get hold of one and pull out and the root comes with it.... I get a real buzz from that... Am I bad?

It doesn't hurt when you get used to it.. My Mrs finds it hilarious.

For some reason if you pull them out by the root at least two more seem to grow back, as if in revenge for your eye-watering efforts.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
In the nose as a pre-filter I understand, big eyebrows to keep the sweat out of you eyes ok. But what use are they in your ears?

To block out the sound of the wife's nagging innit!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
In the nose as a pre-filter I understand, big eyebrows to keep the sweat out of you eyes ok. But what use are they in your ears?
They are there to muffle out the murmerings of people saying "look at that old fart with the nose hair"

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You only sneeze if it's not a ripe one... When they are ready they are lovely to pull out!

You have to do it slowly though in my experience... A sharp pull makes ya eyes water!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
You only sneeze if it's not a ripe one... When they are ready they are lovely to pull out!

You have to do it slowly though in my experience... A sharp pull makes ya eyes water!

With you on the first point
A lovely treat is having a tug at the ripe nostril hair

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Right, that makes sense. The problem is the judging system for when they have to go is when they're visible, not when they're 'ripe'!

Visible? I can't see mine and I don't look in the mirror... I just have enough experience to know when a nice juicy nasal pube is ready for dragging! Sorry for too much info on this but I am quoting from my experience!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We had a guy at work once from St Helena, his nasal hair was f***ing out of control. We held him down & pulled it out with pliers.
How we laughed.

At first this sounded like a limerick...

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You're obviously far more experienced than me in this area, as I couldn't tell you the difference between any of them.

I always study mine with gusto (not the top man may I add). It does bother me if they are grey or ginger though.... I am not at all a hairy person, so I don't get why my nasal pubes are thicker than my downstairs one's?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Regular trimming with scissors does the trick , pulling out individual hairs is for the masochists. After a certain age all the hairs turn grey which makes you feel really old. I think you're supposed to have some nasal hair which acts as a defence against breathing in dust particles and pollen etc.

If you pull or pluck the hairs, the tiny holes get bigger and more hairs will grow, apparently!
It's probably best to snip them out.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nasal hair is amazing. So tough and fibrous. The conditions inside the nostrils are obviously perfect for strong growth. So, the next obvious question is.......
Why can't this be replicated on the tops of our heads ?
FFS...there's some clever bastards out there....all this ointment and transplanting is useless...the top of the head is like a desert compared to the nasal cavaties....this has to be the way forward.
Animal nasal implants could work. For those with very little on top, the Walrus should do the trick. For those with a little bit of recession, a more gentle approach..possibly a mole.
This has to be the answer...replicate the luxuriant conditions inside the nostrils on the top of your head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here