Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nas - Life is Good

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The king is back.

Nas - Life is Good by GOOD Music on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

3RiUD.jpg

Dec 29, 2011
One of the few artists from his era that hasn't sold out. Thought 'untitled' was a very good album. Even though he managed to make it a bit more mainstream, he still kept the good beats + meaningful lyrics, unlike most of the other rappers who now rap about nothing imparticular.

Oh and illmatic was the first album I ever got :D

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is his best album in a long time IMO.

A bit of a purple patch for decent hip hop at the moment.

Also digging Quakers.

[yt]oNb7DwiklZg[/yt]

And Spaceghostpurrp

[yt]NBDOzmT0kYM[/yt]

Last edited:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I remember buying Illmatic and being blown away by it. N.Y state of mind is one of my favourite Hip Hop tracks of all time. I'm now 39 and out of the loop a little so thanks for this, I will check it out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not a fan of hip hop generally, but I quite liked what I heard from Nas played by Gilles Peterson when GP had him in for a show a couple of weeks ago. Gilles deliberately didn't play anything from Life is Good, so I wouldn't know about that, but I do love this track. Perhaps because of the sample as I'm a big Mulatu Astatke fan.

[yt]pyY70LE2D-Y[/yt]

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Haven't checked all of Life is Good yet, but what I have heard has been a lot better than some of his recent efforts.

Gonna pick up El-P's new album Cancer for Cure and his one with Killer Mike in the next couple of days as what I've heard off of them is awesome.

Think he's playing at the Haunt soon as well. El-P, not Nas.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
His best album since Gods son. Havent been a fan of his past few albums and the one with damian marley.

As OP said one of the only artists who hasnt seriously sold out.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
saw nas live in concert San Francisco, back on my 21st birthday tour of USA, what a performance.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Haven't checked all of Life is Good yet, but what I have heard has been a lot better than some of his recent efforts.

Gonna pick up El-P's new album Cancer for Cure and his one with Killer Mike in the next couple of days as what I've heard off of them is awesome.

Picked up the new El-P release a couple of weeks back. You will not be disappointed! The beats are heavy and his lyrics really take you into another world.
I was a big company flow fan.
Where is the Haunt?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Picked up the new El-P release a couple of weeks back. You will not be disappointed! The beats are heavy and his lyrics really take you into another world.
I was a big company flow fan.
Where is the Haunt?

The Haunt is the club next to Pool Valley coach station. Went there for the first time the other day - cool little venue with a good sound system.

Yeah, Co Flow were great. Did a gig with them in Reading when Funcrusher Plus dropped years ago. Still a classic album.

[yt]axZ6lMlLQZ4[/yt]

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It's fairly rare I listen to a hip hop album start to finish and like it all without skipping. That album is masta ace and doom 'son of Yvonne', great stuff.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I didn't know people followed types of music, but I kinda get what you mean.

Even so give this song a quick listen. One of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard. (If you don't like it, UKHH probably isn't for you coz this is the best it gets).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqO9Hjo60g

Plenty of UKHH out of there that isnt the usual 'guns, girls & ganja' lyrics. Lewis parker for example is immense but not many people know about him. Same with Genesis Elijah.
And you have the usual suspects like Skinnyman, Jehst, Klashnekoff who though do the occassional 'violent' song that some people arent fans of, are in general amazing lyricists. And alot more relevent to some demographics of this country, rather than listening about songs about bloods and crips and so forth

Dec 29, 2011
Plenty of UKHH out of there that isnt the usual 'guns, girls & ganja' lyrics. Lewis parker for example is immense but not many people know about him. Same with Genesis Elijah.
And you have the usual suspects like Skinnyman, Jehst, Klashnekoff who though do the occassional 'violent' song that some people arent fans of, are in general amazing lyricists. And alot more relevent to some demographics of this country, rather than listening about songs about bloods and crips and so forth

Cheers i'll check out the two names you mentioned. You're right I haven't heard of them. Skinnyman and K-lash do populate my iTunes though along with a lot of Doc Brown, Lowkey and Akala. Good lyracism (sp?) is always nice to listen to, whatever mood you're in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here