Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We absolutely should be getting behind him yes.

I guess there have also been issues from Napoli's end on the deal, to do with the Oshimen sale, the dual interest in McTominay.

Given the professional attitude we've seen from Gilmour, if the transfer doesn't go ahead I fully expect him to be picked against Arsenal and be positive and focussed in his performance. There will be no Trossard style sulking.

If the lad still wants his move in Jan or next summer, the club will do right by him

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We absolutely should be getting behind him yes.

I guess there have also been issues from Napoli's end on the deal, to do with the Oshimen sale, the dual interest in McTominay.

Given the professional attitude we've seen from Gilmour, if the transfer doesn't go ahead I fully expect him to be picked against Arsenal and be positive and focussed in his performance. There will be no Trossard style sulking.

If the lad still wants his move in Jan or next summer, the club will do right by him
Yeah the whole not-wanting-to-pay-money for a player we don't want to sell is certainly an "issue".

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We entertained the fee. The deal was done. Crawley have spared you looking a tit.

Which is good news I think. But interesting to see what happens in Jan when Gomez comes in and he only has 18 months on his contract
Absolutely nothing indicating this was ever the case.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Yes these "final details" we've been hearing about for a month is the key here. Most likely these "final details" relates to Napoli paying real money if they reach the CL next season, which presumably they weren't too interested in. For all we know these "final details" could be £20m.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Gilmour was seen watching the Crawley match - wasn't he reportedly supposed to be travelling to Italy for a medical earlier that day? - so there were definitely issues/ delays prior to the O'Riley injury.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No need for any of this, "I was right", "no I was right"

It obviously was very likely to happen. It obviously got pulled after the O'Reilly injury.

What matters is that we have a quality midfield option going forward. Let's get the lad in the side at the weekend. He's looked terrific in pre season and very good against Man Utd

Well then Napoli can make a big boy offer

I don't think that's fair, most clubs were hit really bad by injuries, and it wasn't predictable.

A lot had already happened by the Jan transfer window when we did next to nothing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No need for any of this, "I was right", "no I was right"

It obviously was very likely to happen. It obviously got pulled after the O'Reilly injury.

What matters is that we have a quality midfield option going forward. Let's get the lad in the side at the weekend. He's looked terrific in pre season and very good against Man Utd
Which is why the Napoli thing should have been a non-thing in the first place

Which is why the Napoli thing should have been a non-thing in the first place
I tend to agree given the huge shake-up in our centre mid options. But if both Wieffer and Baleba live up to their price tags, then the situation could change but we’ll need many months to see that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here