Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Milner-Gilmour were more effective than Milner-Wieffer last week and arguably against better players. I think it’s been proved it will be a mistake to let him go. Or at least wait til the next window til the other options are bedded in, whether that’s O’Riley, Baleba or Wieffer. We persuaded Caicedo to wait a window, we should put the same arguments to Billy, the suitors will still be there
It would be funny (well, no, actually a bit sad) if come next April WBG and Baleba (greatly improved of course, as he seems to be doing) were our first choice CMs, with Wieffer and O'Riley on the bench!

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I'd suggest that holding out for £60m is silly money (the kind of money we got for Cuckoo), but letting a good player that we want to keep for £15m is just daft. What might be more reasonable is saying we won't sell for under £30/£35m. That's not silly money, but is presumably more than Napoli would spend, so he'd stay and we'd have been reasonable.

I'm not sure Dan was part of our long term plan and we understood him wanting to go to his home club, but that fee was too low and I felt we should've asked for a bit more. Probably should've held out for more for Tross too.

I’ve never thought that. He was our 5th choice centre back being played at left back and doing well. He asked Tony nicely if he could go to his boyhood club. In the summer he would be 30 and going into his last year of a contract. We asked for 13m and having paid 3m it was good business. No other team would have paid that price for him but they were newly minted. He has done well for them as he did for us. We had a bit of an injury crisis at CB after he left but that couldn’t have been foreseen. Win win in my opinion.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know the players' positions are different but we could be considered to have a surfeit of central midfielders now O'Riley is confirmed. Possible there were some bets being hedged over the weekend, playing down talk of Gilmour leaving until the Celtic capture was complete - just in case it fell through. Feels like we'll know about this in the next 24 hours and if things don't move quickly, then they won't move at all.

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
I'm a bit puzzled to see this is still on(?) after his performance on saturday. Barber, Weir and Hürzeler must be very confident that we have better players ready to replace him.

If we sell him on a cheap it has to be a part of our conspiracy to hurt the cashflow at chelsea(assuming they have a shell on %)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Predictable story from a twatter with more than 320k followers……

After his excellent performance against Manchester United, Brighton have slightly raised their asking price for Billy Gilmour.

From sources close to the English club, a new final figure has emerged that the parties are working on: 14-15M € + 5M € .

The deal is closing again.

Napoli and Brighton are now filing down some bonuses and payment terms.

Billy Gilmour wants to go to Napoli and is ready to fly to Italy

Well all a bit of a shame. Would have been no harm waiting a few months to the next window. Now there’s huge pressure on the new signings to deliver straight away. Not ideal

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well all a bit of a shame. Would have been no harm waiting a few months to the next window. Now there’s huge pressure on the new signings to deliver straight away. Not ideal
Has he gone then?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

After his excellent performance against Manchester United, Brighton have slightly raised their asking price for Billy Gilmour.

From sources close to the English club, a new final figure has emerged that the parties are working on: 14-15M € + 5M € .

It reads like the Man U game was out of character and suddenly he got good so we bumped up the price. Ridiculous. He's been good all last bloody season you morons. That's why they want to buy him and we don't want to sell him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

What a load of tosh. No chance we’d be negotiating in that way.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I’m sorry but I don’t be arsed to rummage through 1,136 responses to this thread but can anyone tell me why WBG is, if all the estimates are to be believed, going to be let go to Napoli for such a derisory amount of money???

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I’m sorry but I don’t be arsed to rummage through 1,136 responses to this thread but can anyone tell me why WBG is, if all the estimates are to be believed, going to be let go to Napoli for such a derisory amount of money???
Email PB to ask for official answer.
Half what Mctominoy going for to same club

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It is baffling for sure... full international, proven PL player...... this feels similar to the low figure accepted for Macalister.... who at that time had recently won the world cup.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Because we've got too many players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here