Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really?? f***ing click bait wankery. Please JUST fuckng stop giving these Kuntz oxygen
Ignore here and social media and just stick to the official site 🤷🏻‍♂️

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's a well connected journalist. Just reporting the latest for those not on Twitter. Jeez, sorry.
Are they long shorts or short longs? :smile:

IMG_1520.jpeg

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Billy Gilmour and James Milner really didn't have the same role yesterday. Difficult to compare them.

The tactic yesterday was all about getting Billy into positions where he had the field in front of him rather than turned in the wrong direction. It was difficult for the first twenty minutes when United where disciplined enough to cut him off. But later on, Gilmour found more space and showed what a playmaker he is.

James Milner was tasked with supporting whatever side Manchester wanted to overload on. This meant, in the first half, following Mason Mount around, which was done very well (to the point of Mount going off).

Both did a very good job and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same duo against Arsenal.
Agree with this although I do think Mount going off helped us a lot. His pressing was causing us issues and making us sloppy in the middle, the injury to him helped us exponentially.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
James Milner was tasked with supporting whatever side Manchester wanted to overload on. This meant, in the first half, following Mason Mount around, which was done very well (to the point of Mount going off).

Mount went off because he was injured, not because Milner had the better of him. Mount had the better of us.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
If we want to keep a good PL midfielder, and Napoli want to take him, what would you consider silly money?

I think there's a huge gap between silly money, and the figures currently being suggested.
I don't know what 'silly money' is, just that I'd've thought it'd be the only leverage left on our side. But then again, as @GT49er has pointed out, Dan Burn and Trossard wanted to go and we didn't put up too much of a fight. I stand very much corrected!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Not really. Burn wanted to go - he went, there wasn't a long drawn out argument over the fee.
Undav wanted to go - he went.
You could argue we didn't hold out too hard for wantaways Trossard and Sanchez either.
I've spun my own little story for each of these. Based on nothing but my own musings to make me feel better!

Burn gave splendid and solid service, is a very nice bloke, and wanted to play for his home town club. A real shame, but no problem.
Trossard threw a strop and seemed like a little sh*t at times, de Zerbi didn't like him and everyone thought it best we get rid. A shame but no problem.
Undav was never going to come back here after a season there where he'd obviously enjoyed himself, always struck me as an absolutely solid fella so it was a question of sticking to guns and getting the right price for him. A real shame but no problem.
Sanchez.... well I've absolutely no idea. Threw a strop, pined after Potter, saw the Chelsea money? I feel rather, as the Spanish say, "indiferente".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know what 'silly money' is, just that I'd've thought it'd be the only leverage left on our side.

I'd suggest that holding out for £60m is silly money (the kind of money we got for Cuckoo), but letting a good player that we want to keep for £15m is just daft. What might be more reasonable is saying we won't sell for under £30/£35m. That's not silly money, but is presumably more than Napoli would spend, so he'd stay and we'd have been reasonable.

But then again, as @GT49er has pointed out, Dan Burn and Trossard wanted to go and we didn't put up too much of a fight. I stand very much corrected!

I'm not sure Dan was part of our long term plan and we understood him wanting to go to his home club, but that fee was too low and I felt we should've asked for a bit more. Probably should've held out for more for Tross too.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'd suggest that holding out for £60m is silly money (the kind of money we got for Cuckoo), but letting a good player that we want to keep for £15m is just daft. What might be more reasonable is saying we won't sell for under £30/£35m. That's not silly money, but is presumably more than Napoli would spend, so he'd stay and we'd have been reasonable.
Agree on all points. Hope he stays though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can reveal for sure that, according to my sources, a deal is either going to be done or not. Both sides have agreed on August 30th as the deadline for a decision.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've spun my own little story for each of these. Based on nothing but my own musings to make me feel better!

Burn gave splendid and solid service, is a very nice bloke, and wanted to play for his home town club. A real shame, but no problem.
Trossard threw a strop and seemed like a little sh*t at times, de Zerbi didn't like him and everyone thought it best we get rid. A shame but no problem.
Undav was never going to come back here after a season there where he'd obviously enjoyed himself, always struck me as an absolutely solid fella so it was a question of sticking to guns and getting the right price for him. A real shame but no problem.
Sanchez.... well I've absolutely no idea. Threw a strop, pined after Potter, saw the Chelsea money? I feel rather, as the Spanish say, "indiferente".
So you agree that's four times TB hasn't played hardball and drained every penny out of the buying club. Exactly - he hasn't always done it.

Milner-Gilmour were more effective than Milner-Wieffer last week and arguably against better players. I think it’s been proved it will be a mistake to let him go. Or at least wait til the next window til the other options are bedded in, whether that’s O’Riley, Baleba or Wieffer. We persuaded Caicedo to wait a window, we should put the same arguments to Billy, the suitors will still be there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here