Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Over 1000 posts in this thread, when it’s as simple as:
- Don’t want him to go.
- If he has to go, anything under £20m is a joke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you're being generous to Ramano. I imagine his source is twitter.
From an interview he gave a few months back I doubt this. He is very close to numerous agents and they use each other for mutual benefit. Most of his information seems genuine.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
From an interview he gave a few months back I doubt this. He is very close to numerous agents and they use each other for mutual benefit. Most of his information seems genuine.
This is exactly correct. See my post a few posts above. I know this from a cast iron source and there are sure to be others here who are either in the know or likewise have connections to those that are.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
If it was as clear as that, I'm surprised we're not hearing more from the club that he simply isn't going. He may well not go, but I'm surprised the club didn't make that clear a week ago.
But if Gilmour wants to go and FH wants him to stay, then aside from spending a few weeks trying to persuade him to stay, Tony's last stand is to hold out for silly money, isn't it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But if Gilmour wants to go and FH wants him to stay, then aside from spending a few weeks trying to persuade him to stay, Tony's last stand is to hold out for silly money, isn't it?

If we want to keep a good PL midfielder, and Napoli want to take him, what would you consider silly money?

I think there's a huge gap between silly money, and the figures currently being suggested.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No what McThug has left on his contract and he scores goals so not really a comparable to WBG

Eitherway I believe he only has two years left with us so if he doesn’t go, it will be a new improved deal to stay (for now) I’d imagine to protect our interests as well, with a clause / understanding in the summer

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not really. Burn wanted to go - he went, there wasn't a long drawn out argument over the fee.
Undav wanted to go - he went.
You could argue we didn't hold out too hard for wantaways Trossard and Sanchez either.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He’s not the all seeing eye.

On many occasions he’s clearly reacting to confident posts from credible rivals …. and plagiarises.

Some clubs almost certainly pay him fortunes for propaganda eg Chelsea.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When was the last time BG completed a full match? Go on, somebody tell me it was last week!🤣🤣

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Step one of the Napoli rebuild, ten to go.

IMG_2633.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Something I hadn't considered, what if it's for fashion reasons ?

NINTCHDBPICT000462000880.jpg
D6T6QooXkAMDL2N.jpg:large
wh-pr-images-billy-gilmour-watermarked-7-6645e36421faa.jpg

billy-gilmour-men-s-health-6645ded2b5b1f.jpg

We're fairly eclectic down here, but can we really compete with Milan and Rome ???

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Billy Gilmour and James Milner really didn't have the same role yesterday. Difficult to compare them.

The tactic yesterday was all about getting Billy into positions where he had the field in front of him rather than turned in the wrong direction. It was difficult for the first twenty minutes when United where disciplined enough to cut him off. But later on, Gilmour found more space and showed what a playmaker he is.

James Milner was tasked with supporting whatever side Manchester wanted to overload on. This meant, in the first half, following Mason Mount around, which was done very well (to the point of Mount going off).

Both did a very good job and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same duo against Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here