Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Without trawling back over 1k posts, would be very instructive to find out who has been the driving force behind this unsettling cut-price crap. Was it:

- the Albion?
- Napoli?
- WBG?
- WBG's agent?

Can only be one of the above shirley?
Seeing as the clubs have reportedly (Sky and Romano) agreed the fee then it’s hard to argue that it’s anything but his market value.

I think there’s two factors likely at play here. Firstly, there isn’t a market for WBG in the Premier League or the cash rich European elite so actually €18m probably represents a large outlay for Napoli, especially if Osimhen and Kvicha stay. Secondly, we openly have said that if an offer comes in that’s right for all parties we don’t stand in the way of a player. Napoli would be a pretty fantastic move for WBG and despite being valued and settled here, you can see why he’d fancy it.

FWIW, it’s less than what I think he’s worth. He’s a superb technical player who was probably one of our 3 best players last year. But if he wants the move, then I can understand the club willing to let him go whilst making a solid profit on another prospect acquired for peanuts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seeing as the clubs have reportedly (Sky and Romano) agreed the fee then it’s hard to argue that it’s anything but his market value.

I think there’s two factors likely at play here. Firstly, there isn’t a market for WBG in the Premier League or the cash rich European elite so actually €18m probably represents a large outlay for Napoli, especially if Osimhen and Kvicha stay. Secondly, we openly have said that if an offer comes in that’s right for all parties we don’t stand in the way of a player. Napoli would be a pretty fantastic move for WBG and despite being valued and settled here, you can see why he’d fancy it.

FWIW, it’s less than what I think he’s worth. He’s a superb technical player who was probably one of our 3 best players last year. But if he wants the move, then I can understand the club willing to let him go whilst making a solid profit on another prospect acquired for peanuts.
Sorry, but that doesn't address the question in any shape or form ie which party first floated the idea of a possible transfer ???

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sorry, but that doesn't address the question in any shape or form ie which party first floated the idea of a possible transfer ???
Read on to the second paragraph and you’ll see that logically, my conclusion is that it’s likely player driven based on initial interest from Napoli… 👍

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

I think it would be Napoli enquiring about him. We aren’t putting him up for sale (by the sound of it) so it only really logically works if they came in for him and he’s thought it was worth considering.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Medical Tuesday 20m fee. That's what he said last night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If that's the case (and what it's been about all along) I'd be surprised if the club aren't simply saying that Napoli need to pay the going rate, and that ain't under £20m for a good PL midfielder whom we don't want to sell.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If that's the case (and what it's been about all along) I'd be surprised if the club aren't simply saying that Napoli need to pay the going rate, and that ain't under £20m for a good PL midfielder whom we don't want to sell.
if TB don't want to sell the player then he won't. Else he'll sell the player for double the going rate. Plus add-ons. Business as usual for TB then

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if TB don't want to sell the player then he won't. Else he'll sell the player for double the going rate. Plus add-ons. Business as usual for TB then

If it was as clear as that, I'm surprised we're not hearing more from the club that he simply isn't going. He may well not go, but I'm surprised the club didn't make that clear a week ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think you're being generous to Ramano. I imagine his source is twitter.
Nope, he definitely badgers agents for info. I would imagine, as I know that for a fact, that he has hundreds of good sources. These sources will use Romano just as much as he uses them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here