Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We were shrimpers before that. But those nicknames never caught on.
I used to think our tinpot nicknames didn't catch on because we were shite.

But who in their right mind at the respective clubs go all teary-eyed over 'black cats' or 'red devils'? Or Throstles?

Nicknames are shite. Liverpool doesn't have one. And the toffees suck.

We are The Albion. I was never taken by some nonsense made up in the Bosun to 'come back at' the Eagles (which was made up by Big Mal')

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

But who in their right mind at the respective clubs go all teary-eyed over 'black cats' or 'red devils'? Or Throstles?

We are The Albion. I was never taken by some nonsense made up in the Bosun to 'come back at' the Eagles (which was made up by Big Mal')
Well I have to respectfully say that I like our nickname. I was around 8 or 9 that's old when it caught on and I enjoyed singing it. As for Liverpool, I have heard and read a lot of them calling them 'the mighty red men'. Some sort of nickname perhaps but even more lame!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I have to respectfully say that I like our nickname. I was around 8 or 9 that's old when it caught on and I enjoyed singing it. As for Liverpool, I have heard and read a lot of them calling them 'the mighty red men'. Some sort of nickname perhaps but even more lame!
Fair enough. I was in my mid teens. I raised an eyebrow. :wink:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Great minds and all that, I refer to us as the Albion and find the rallying cry of "Seagulls, Seagulls" somewhat lame, in my youth i used to join in, however as I have got older I just do not partake in it anymore, i actually cringe.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Great minds and all that, I refer to us as the Albion and find the rallying cry of "Seagulls, Seagulls" somewhat lame, in my youth i used to join in, however as I have got older I just do not partake in it anymore, i actually cringe.
At least better than eagles...

Seagulls come with a bit of humour and self-distance in it because they're the lowest form of life and everybody hates them.

Eagle on the other hand is something you if you're an 8-year-old trying to be cool, or part of an organisation that's "desperate to learn about Hitler".

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I like that we're the seagulls, it's very appropriate to Brighton and easy to chant.

No difference to me that it's not some big intimidating predatory animal, better that there's a local link. They should change the badge so that the seagull has some chips in its mouth.

Better than the Cherries. I'm not cheering on a fruit (except from this weekend of course, as it's Pride).

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I like that we're the seagulls, it's very appropriate to Brighton and easy to chant.

No difference to me that it's not some big intimidating predatory animal, better that there's a local link. They should change the badge so that the seagull has some chips in its mouth.

Better than the Cherries. I'm not cheering on a fruit (except from this weekend of course, as it's Pride).
I don't know, I've encountered a fair few seagulls I'd describe as big intimidating predatory animals :down:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Cringe bah humbug
It's more often than not prompted by a Seagull flying past these days
Which can lighten the mood if we re playing poorly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No sign of WBG in any of the training photos or videos from today ??

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014

Have you ever been dive bombed by multiple Seagulls in the street as they protect their young? It's terrifying.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The problem isn't the selling it's the replacing.
Quite...

Unless Milner becomes an injury free mainstay in the centre (unlikely) and providing Moder leaves as expected, then our most experienced Premier League midfielder will have under 30 PL appearances and is barely 20 (Baleba) with Jack Hinshelwood as our second most experienced PL centre-mid. Don't get me wrong, I am not being overly critical of the club here, each sale sits in its own individual context, but I worry that we have all seen our midfield weaken with the departures, and I think it's a huge gamble to run into a new Premier League season with next to no experience in probably the most critical part of the pitch.

Plenty of time left in the transfer window to get a proper replacement for Gross/Gilmour but those are some big shoes to fill.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After the horrendous din the local f***ing overgrown rats in the sky seagulls made this morning at 4 oclock they can all just f*** right off.

the bastards also dropped a large piece of chalk on the flat roof above our bedroom and now roll the f***ing thing around the roof at all hours. I heard the next door neighbour muttering something about a shotgun!,

boik

After the horrendous din the local f***ing overgrown rats in the sky seagulls made this morning at 4 oclock they can all just f*** right off.

the bastards also dropped a large piece of chalk on the flat roof above our bedroom and now roll the f***ing thing around the roof at all hours. I heard the next door neighbour muttering something about a shotgun!,
Theyre using the chalk to write messages to all the other birds. Like a primitive facebook party invite. It'll be like "The Birds" at your place soon!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just a matter of time before the next bid comes in.

“These are important hours, perhaps decisive for the Gilmour affair at Napoli. Sporting director Manna is preparing the second offer to be delivered to Brighton with a clear objective in mind: to close quickly. Without ifs and buts. Because the Scottish midfielder has become an absolute priority for Conte beyond the sales of Gaetano and Cajuste.

THE DETAILS OF THE PROPOSAL
Ten million euros are not enough for Gilmour, so Brighton responded to Napoli's first offer. Now the blue club will add two million in fixed base plus some bonuses. The structure of this second proposal should satisfy the English club, there is optimism in the blue management.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here