Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think he got a goal and assist in each of the two seasons he played in the PL for us. Can’t remember who the assists were against but the goals were against Man Utd home (21-22) and Leicester home (22-23).
One assist was definitely for Mwepu's winner at Arsenal.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Naylor has been banging on about how Hürzeler uses midfielders differently to RDZ. Hence the sale of Gilmour.

I’m starting to think that he could play two attacking midfielders ahead of a back 3. That brings players like Enciso and perhaps, even Pedro and Welbeck into consideration for those central spots.

You are right about Moder apart from his goals and assists stats. Hürzeler might want to see if Jakub is capable of repeating his stats from Poland under his tutelage.
You want to sell Billy because he isn't producing enough but give Jakub Moder a chance as an attacking midfielder?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well according to Twitter he's impressed the management team and they're considering keeping him in the first team squad. And if you've seen no evidence of Baleba being ready you didn't watch us play at the end of last season. When Gilmour was out for a few games, Baleba was man of the match half the games he played in. And yes, Facundo is inconsistent, as is Baleba... because they're young.

You either still haven't worked out the Brighton model, or you're the current manager of Marseille

I don't think Hurzeler has set positions like most coaches. Wieffer is a holding midfielder, which is the job he would do as the third central defender when in possession... he would then slip back into the defence out of possession. Maybe we spent lots of money as we believe (and/or the data suggests) that he can do that job well?
I get the model but we shouldn't be selling players before we have someone ready to step up. That's where we are falling down at the moment.....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I get the model but we shouldn't be selling players before we have someone ready to step up. That's where we are falling down at the moment.....

I would suggest our inability to keep key players fit was where we were falling down. This forced us to over rely upon inexperienced alternatives.

A complete overhaul of our medical and performance personnel looks to have been made to resolve that issue.

Stumpy Tim

To be honest, I wouldn't sell Gilmour. He's one of my favourite players... I'm just giving my thoughts about why he may be allowed to leave (and Gross)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Just to clarify:

If it's 12m plus add ons does that count as 12m or more? What if the add ons aren't reached?

Likewise what if it's say 10m plus an extra 3 with add ons?

It's best to sort these issues now so there's no ambiguity
If a fee of £13m or above is reported, I don't have to do the sea rat tattoo. £12m+add-ons = I have to do it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If a fee of £13m or above is reported, I don't have to do the sea rat tattoo. £12m+add-ons = I have to do it.
Good stuff.

I have selected a design for you but obviously you’ll want to the replace the pipe with your familiar doobie.

IMG_5315.jpeg

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Suggest "I loved Wee Billy more than this tattoo"
Billy G is not my lover
He's just a guy who I claim to be the one
But its not like he's my son
I claim he's the one, but the kid is not my son

For forty days and for forty nights,
Roberto was in charge of the side,
But who can perform to his demands?
His schemes and plans.
Cause we sucked at every ground.
So take my advice: just remember to always think twice
(because Billy and his footballing are secretly quite nice)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well according to Twitter he's impressed the management team and they're considering keeping him in the first team squad. And if you've seen no evidence of Baleba being ready you didn't watch us play at the end of last season. When Gilmour was out for a few games, Baleba was man of the match half the games he played in. And yes, Facundo is inconsistent, as is Baleba... because they're young.

You either still haven't worked out the Brighton model, or you're the current manager of Marseille

I don't think Hurzeler has set positions like most coaches. Wieffer is a holding midfielder, which is the job he would do as the third central defender when in possession... he would then slip back into the defence out of possession. Maybe we spent lots of money as we believe (and/or the data suggests) that he can do that job well?
Or maybe we will play him in his accustomed/preferred role

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

We would only be selling him if Fabian had told the club that he doesn't intend to start him/use him in the new system

£12m for him means a profit and i'm personally fine with it. He's too weak physically IMO

I’m not arguing that there’s no interest in Gilmour but that “source” is well known for guesses and errors.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here