Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name The New Stadium Link Road.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Rocky Road would be more apt than Stoney Way or whatever they wanted to use. How about - Albion way - direct & to the point. It really should be named in reference to the club if indeed this does lead to the stadium. (In that case Rocky Rd or Slippery Slope might be more apt!)

Albion Way it is for me.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• P1030136.JPG
    P1030136.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 178

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Cheers.

A couple of things.

Is it only bikes that are allowed go the other way?

And two, what did you tread in to create those footsteps, cement? Some semolina? A vat of boy yoghurt?

Answer 1. Bikes and very thin vehicles.

Answer 2. Boy youghurt I made myself, or man yoghurt in my case!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Excellent picture Jack, but still confused where this road is. Where does it start and where does it end? Can someone clever show it on a map or one of the aerial photos perhaps?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Excellent picture Jack

Is it not a photograph of an empty road, some trees and an armco barrier?
Or am I missing something more fundamental?

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Posts 67 & 85. :wave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Excellent picture Jack, but still confused where this road is. Where does it start and where does it end? Can someone clever show it on a map or one of the aerial photos perhaps?

Once upon a time, the entrance (where the white cottage is) to Stanmer Park was a 90º left turn off Lewes Road (and bloody dangerous with it). Then when the bypass was built, the entrance (which you can only get to on the eastbound A270) was accessed via a slip road about 100 yards west of the old entrance. At the end of this slip road, you turn left in to the park.

Now...

Instead of turning left into the park, the slip road continues and winds round the back of the Sussex University sport hall (it's this part of the road you can see in Jack Straw's picture) and meet up with the existing roads near the entrance to the university.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Once upon a time, the entrance (where the white cottage is) to Stanmer Park was a 90º left turn. Then when the bypass was built, the entrance (which you can only get to on the eastbound A270) was accessed via a slip road about 100 yards west of the old entrance. At the end of this slip road, you turn left in to the park.

Now...

Instead of turning left into the park, the slip road continues and winds round the back of the Sussex University sport hall (it's this part of the road you can see in Jack Straw's picture) and meet up with the existing roads near the entrance to the university.

By GOD Al, I've read some boring posts in my time... :lol:

iwhjdl.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
By GOD Al, I've read some boring posts in my time... :lol:

iwhjdl.jpg

Not boring at all it was spot on, thank you I can see where it is now.

That white cottage comment brought back a childhood memory from when I was about 6 and we went for a picnic there with my parents. We turned into Stamner and were in a queue of traffic and there was an old lady in the cottage garden, and I wound down my window and said "hello old lady" and she said "hello little boy". Happy times.

:vuvueng:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Not boring at all it was spot on, thank you I can see where it is now.

That white cottage comment brought back a childhood memory from when I was about 6 and we went for a picnic there with my parents. We turned into Stamner and were in a queue of traffic and there was an old lady in the cottage garden, and I wound down my window and said "hello old lady" and she said "hello little boy". Happy times.

:vuvueng:

hearing what she said it will be like turning up at Falmer and seeing Tony Millard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here