Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

name that toy! help needed

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Left hand side, middle row is T-Bob and Scott Trakker from M.A.S.K.

Middle, bottom row is the number version of speak'n'spell. Can't remember what it was called. Speak'n'count?? (That doesn't sound right)

MASK correct.

now WTF was that white thing called? remember it well....

2,3,8,9 to go

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Trotster said:
The books were called 'chose your own adventure' you chose which way your character wanted to go or what object they should select and then went to a relevant page number - they were cracking - got them all at home still!!!
OMG, I used to love those, when i was kid i always went to look for those first at the library!

:clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone remember the fantasy ones that you read and then selected the page to turn to from what you decided they should do?

'If you drink the potion, turn to page 135

If you decide to stay where you are and nail the wench, turn to page 3'

Superb books. I had loads. Used to be a bit of a buzz round school when someone had got one nobody had read before. If I remember rightly 'The Lizard King' was the most sought after.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Trigger said:
OMG, I used to love those, when i was kid i always went to look for those first at the library!

:clap2:

yeah they were cool

missed one off the list, these left

untitlednew.jpg

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Richie Morris said:
Anyone remember the fantasy ones that you read and then selected the page to turn to from what you decided they should do?

'If you drink the potion, turn to page 135

If you decide to stay where you are and nail the wench, turn to page 3'

Superb books. I had loads. Used to be a bit of a buzz round school when someone had got one nobody had read before. If I remember rightly 'The Lizard King' was the most sought after.

Those were the 'Fighting Fantasy' books that were done by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone (I think) and were great...Had quite a few of them and they must be around at home somewhere.

Albion, England & Fighting Fantasy forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Wasn't the bottom one just something you just used to gte in party bags and shit like that?

I didn't think it actually had a proper name...

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
the orange one in the top right is a pocketeer

loads of different ones,
my favorite was where you had to guide a small ball bearing thru an obstacle course

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Thimble Keegan said:
Those were the 'Fighting Fantasy' books that were done by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone (I think) and were great...Had quite a few of them and they must be around at home somewhere.

Albion, England & Fighting Fantasy forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

They've all been recently reissued with new sparkly covers. Bought a box-set for my nephew last Christmas (City of Thieves, Deathtrap Dungeon, Warlock of Firetop Mountain, etc). He seemed well impressed until my other brother gave him some sort of flashing plastic spinning toppy-thingy battle arena. Should have kept them for myself the ungrateful brat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here