Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Name that player

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Nev the Binman. Followed him on Twitter for years, he's used it to inform himself on LGBTQ issues, for example, from a standing start.

And yes, he was a hell of a keeper.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember us losing 1-0 to Torquay at Withdean. Southall played for them and he must have been around 41/42 years old, 20 stone in weight, but at one point made an absolute world class save. He could make saves normal keepers couldn’t. At his peak he really was one of the best if not the best in the world.

I was there too. He was immense. 0-0. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm pretty sure it was 0-1 to them. Didn't Tony Bedeau score late on for them

He may have made two visits in two years. My recollection of his massive performance was when Torquay were really shite and we battered them to a 0-0 standstill, but as I occasionally leave early we could have lost that game :whistle::lolol:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
He may have made two visits in two years. My recollection of his massive performance was when Torquay were really shite and we battered them to a 0-0 standstill, but as I occasionally leave early we could have lost that game :whistle::lolol:

I'm getting confused, but it was best part of 20 years ago. I remember Bedeau scoring in a game and them narrowly winning and I thought Southall played in that game (And i think it was a late late goal). I also remember us hammering Torquay at Withdean, 6-2 I think. Mark Williams was on the pitch with Helen Chamberlain at half time and because we were winning comfortably he was saying "Oh the Albion oh, Suits you sir".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here