Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name and shame - Sussex MPs not supporting Falmer

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
balloonboy said:
I can feel a campaign coming on! Seriously, come the general election, I will take a week's holiday and spend it touring Sussex campaigning for anyone who's opposing those bastards.
More constructively, I will write to Julie Kirkbride and Michael Howard to underline how out of touch these idiots are with the vast majority of Sussex residents.

Like Michael Howard's in touch with anything....:nono::rolleyes:

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
This is an updated list of Sussex MPs who have not yet signed the EDM:

Norman Baker - Lewes - LIb Dems
Gregory Barker - Bexhill & Battle - Con
Nicholas Soames - Mid sussex - Con
Peter Bottomley - West Worthing - Con
Tim Loughton - East Worthing and Shoreham - Con
Nigel Waterson - Eastbourne - Con
Howard Flight - Arundel - Con
Francis Maude - Horsham - Con
Charles Hendry - Wealden - Con
Nick Gibb - Bognor Regis and Littlehampton - Con
Andrew Tyrie – Chichester - Con

Kalimantan Gull said:
Ivor Caplin hasn't signed it

I don't believe he can as he's a junior minister. Besides, he'd never keep his pen still long enough to sign. He suffers from a form of R.S.I. these days. The symptoms being: the head nodding consistantly whilst repeating the words "yes Tony" over and over.......

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Can someone explain to me why Peter Arse seems to loath the proposed National Park so much? Why do we all have to be punished by the council supporting it? Why does our club have to face the prospect of a lingering drawn out death because Brighton & Hove council like the idea of the South Downs becoming a National Park?
What's so wrong with the South Downs becoming a National Park?

If you look what's left of East and West Sussex in terms of area, after the National Park has been created, theres not much left to 'govern'. Hence their opposition. Its a disgrace that petty parochial politicians can attempt to overide the wider interest.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Zeitgeist said:
I don't believe he can as he's a junior minister. Besides, he'd never keep his pen still long enough to sign. He suffers from a form of R.S.I. these days. The symptoms being: the head nodding consistantly whilst repeating the words "yes Tony" over and over.......

Alarmingly common illness in the Labour Party these days, very similar to a previous outbreak in the 80s except the word "Tony" was then "Ma'am"...

Dandyman

In London village.
Zeitgeist said:

According to a guy I know who is a researcher for a Leeds MP, Ministers can not sign EDMs.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm well up for doing a "Vote Pro-Falmer" campaign in the Shoreham area, as in we find a candidate who wants Falmer and even if he/she wont have any influence on the decision! that'd f*** Tim Loughton off :D

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
The way get at Tim Loughton is via the Adur local elections in June. The Conservatives hold the balance of power currently because of an alliance with the Independants.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Here's the view from Lewes Conservatives:

Our position is this:
Our recently selected Parliamentary Spokesman is currently giving urgent consideration to the balance between the interests of_football supporters throughout the Lewes constituency and the interests of local people from Falmer and other localities likely to be affected by the impact of the proposed stadium._
_
The decision_over the stadium, of course, rests solely with the Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott, who alone decided that it would serve a useful purpose to call in a planning approval passed overwhelmingly by the Brighton & Hove Council Planning Committee.
Ken Jordan
Chairman, Lewes Constituency Conservative Association

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
CrabtreeBHA said:
I'm well up for doing a "Vote Pro-Falmer" campaign in the Shoreham area, as in we find a candidate who wants Falmer and even if he/she wont have any influence on the decision! that'd f*** Tim Loughton off :D

I'd be for doing that as well - I could do Shoreham Beach?

How about the local elections in June? As Morgans Mullet said the Conservatives only hold the balance of power because of an alliance with the Independants.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
roz said:
the good burghers of Billingshurst

The only burghers I know in Billingshurst are the 'miserable' variety who whinge about everything in the village (especially the 'youths' and what they get up to) or, perhaps, the rather unpleasant ones from the otherwise excellent chippie in Jengers Mead. :)

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
just_bhafc said:
I'd be for doing that as well - I could do Shoreham Beach?

How about the local elections in June? As Morgans Mullet said the Conservatives only hold the balance of power because of an alliance with the Independants.
... the Independents being the Shoreham Beach Residents Association, two councillors who talk a lot (and do nothing) but get elected virtually unopposed. If you have a decent candidate against them I can get you at least 30 votes (ie significant given the turnout for these elections).

Spiros - ex Sm Beach resident with plenty of friends/family still there and a healthy contempt for the SBRA

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
E-mail sent to Mr Soames seeing as I live in Haywards Heath as its true he will do anything for votes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
CrabtreeBHA said:

It's the sort of thing we tried in the council elections in 2003. Unfortunately, in my ward (Preston Park), a f***ing Green got in at the expense of Labour's Mike Middleton, who is one of the trustees of the 40 Notes Fund.

Doesn't always work.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ok, I'll volanteer for Central Shoreham . . . .anything to rid us of those f***ing arseholes . . . .the ShorehAM beach residentsd assocoation is lie the f***ing nazi party, if they had their way thered be gates at the Royal coach !

what does it cost to run for the local elections ? what do you have to do ? I'm a busy man you see :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
*VOTE CRABBERS for his PRO-FALMER Policy*

"Mayor Goldie Wilson......I like the sound of that!"

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Vote Crabtre . . . . .hes pro Falmer, Pro MK2 Esort rally cars and likes a pint n punk

its a winner Crabtree . . . . .you just need to gain 6 stone, rip off a few people to make a few million, ignore everything anyone ever says and you could be the next Tory MP

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
you just need to gain 6 stone - no chance, could'nt if I tried!

rip off a few people to make a few million - I'll set a meeting up with Fat Boy Slim

ignore everything anyone ever says - I'm sorry are you talking to me? :D

and you could be the next Tory MP - oh god no!

Here are my polices:

Getting Falmer
Sorting out the Rope Tackle area once and for all
Fencing off Shoreham Beach ;)
More pubs & more Beer Festivals
Snowdome at the Cement Works

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here